German Chocolate Brownie Sandwich Cookies. Tasty Sandwich Cookies Filled With Crème & Covered In Chocolatey Deliciousness. Save On German Cookies at Walmart. GERMAN Chocolate cake, the name comes from the brand of chocolate "German", that used to be sold in America.
Love the fact Tessa, that you take the time to cook from scratch. Great recipe for German Chocolate Brownie Sandwich Cookies. The cookies are a take on my fudge brownies and are good. You can have German Chocolate Brownie Sandwich Cookies using 18 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of German Chocolate Brownie Sandwich Cookies
- Prepare of BROWNIE COOKIES.
- You need 8 oz of unsalted butter, at room temperature (;2 sticks ).
- It’s 2 oz of unsweetened chocolate, chopped.
- It’s 2 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 3 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare of COCONUT PECAN FIlling.
- You need 1 of 12 ounce can evaporated milk.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of salted butter ( 1 1/2 sticks ).
- You need 4 of large egg yolks, whisked to combine, at room temperature.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 7 oz of flaked sweetened coconut.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of chopped pecans.
I prefer a cookie to be more portable. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. These German Chocolate Brownie Cookies are delicious, soft and chewy. It might sound a little immodest, but everyone who tried, said that these German chocolate brownie cookies are really of the best I had ever made (and I make cookies really often).
German Chocolate Brownie Sandwich Cookies step by step
- Make Coconut Pecan Filling, it needs to cool.
- In a saucepan combine butter, sugar and milk , bring to a simmer and cook until sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes.slowly whisk some hot mixture to whisked egg yolks to temper them, adding enough to make them hot. Then slowly wisk in back into saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, coconut and pecans, scrape into a bowl and let cool to room temoerature.
- MAKE THE BROWNIE COOKIES.
- Preheat oven to 350. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt chopped chocolate in microwave just until smooth, let cool to room temperature.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder in a bowl, whisk to combine, set aside.
- In a large bowl beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in melted chocolate.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each egg.
- Stir in the flour mixture until well combined. Chill dough 30 to 60 minutes until its easy to roll into balls.
- Roll dog into 1 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake about 11 minutes until puffed and just set. Cool on pan on wire rack 5 minutes them transfer to racks to cool completely.
- ASSEMBLE THE SANDWICH COOKIES.
- Place one cookie flat side up on work surface.
- Spread some cooled coconut pecan filling on cookie.
- Add another cookie on top and press lightly to make c sandwich. This makes about 20 sandwich cookies.
For the cookies: Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a bowl. German Chocolate Brownies topped with a layer of cheesecake will be a big hit with coconut/chocolate lovers. The brownie layer is made with a box of German Chocolate cake mix with a few pecans and some shredded coconut added in for more german chocolate goodness. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture.