7 Layer Bars. This is a delicious combination of ingredients! However, if you follow the directions provided with the Seven Layer Magic Cookie Bars recipe submitted by Eagle Brands, they come out much prettier and easier to cut and eat. It's the same exact ingredients — just a different method.
Magic Bars include something for everyone and that's part of their appeal. There are seven layers so seven ingredients after all! This is the original version – the recipe I grew up making with my mother every year during the holidays. You can cook 7 Layer Bars using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of 7 Layer Bars
- You need 1 of and 1/2 cup crushed honey Graham crackers.
- It’s 8 oz of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 cup of milk chocolate chips.
- You need 1 cup of white chocolate chips.
- You need 1 cup of butter scotch chips.
- You need 1 cup of chopped pecans.
- Prepare 1 of small can sweet and condensed milk.
- Prepare 1 of and a 1/3 coconut flakes.
They are a pure Midwestern treat for me, often brought to potlucks to round out a shared meal. All the names for the same dessert might seem confusing, but luckily, there's nothing confusing about making them. Seven Layer Magic Cookie Bars Seven Layer Magic Cookie Bars. Seven Layer Magic Cookie Bars are always a hit!
7 Layer Bars instructions
- Pre heat oven to 350. Place parchment paper in a 9×13 pan. Crush graham crackers then measure them, add melted butter to crackers then pat down into crust in pan..
- Once patted down put all chips on top plus pecans. Then pour sweet milk over top. Add coconut to the top slightly push down then put in oven 20 to 25 minutes or untill coconut is toasted. Allow to cool cut and enjoy!!.
The coconut, milk chocolate chips, and pecans caramelize while it bakes. A quick and easy delicious dessert. These Magic Cookie Bars are ridiculously easy – thus the name "magic". That is a lot of names for the same thing! They are all variations on OLD FASHIONED SEVEN LAYER BARS.