Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies. This Vegetarian-Friendly Recipe Will Satisfy your Chocolate Craving. Pin To Your Board The whole wheat flour adds another dimension of flavor to these chocolate chip cookies–almost a nuttiness–that's delicious! These are simple to make, too.
In a medium bowl, cream together the margarine, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Stir in the vanilla and eggs. Combine the whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking soda and salt, gradually blend into the creamed mixture. You can have Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
- You need 1 Cup of shortening/vegetable oil spread (2 sticks).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 2 cups of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 package (12 oz) of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
This time of year, healty eating gets a lot of attention, and I try to add a little extra nutritional goodness where I can. The whole-wheat flour gives them a rich nuttiness; the heft, caramel glow, and generous chunks of hand-chopped chocolate make them irresistible. These whole wheat chocolate chip cookies are the new gold standard by which I will judge all chocolate chip cookies. What an incredible texture these have!
Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies step by step
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix shortening, sugars, eggs, vanilla extract together until smooth.
- Slowly add in dry ingredients (flour and baking powder and soda) and mix until fully blended.
- Add in chocolate chips and mix well.
- Put about a spoonful of dough two inches apart from each other on a slightly greased baking sheet and bake cookies at 375 degrees from 8-10 min.
- Take out cookies from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack. Once they are fully cooled, enjoy!! 😊.
When first baked, they're a bit delicate, gooey, and fragile. By the next day, however, the cookies mature into this moist, chewy cookie that's out of this world. Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies Vs. Whole wheat chocolate chip cookies will taste different from regular but not in a bad way. If you're a fan of chocolate-studded cookies, you might also enjoy Cowboy Cookies , Triple Chocolate Fudge Cookies , or Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookies !