Chocolate Meringue Drop Cookies. Combine egg whites, cream of tartar, and vanilla. Unlike most chocolate meringue cookie recipes, which call for cocoa powder and melted chocolate, Medrich's version uses only melted Drop mounds of batter on parchment lined baking sheets. These meringue cookies have a puffy, fragile exterior and a moist, soft interior.
Homemade recipe for chocolate meringue cookies with chocolate chips. Crunchy meringues on the outside and soft and airy on the inside, great for Drop heaping tablespoons onto a cookie sheet, dust with cocoa if desired. The cookies are ready when they are hard to. You can have Chocolate Meringue Drop Cookies using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Meringue Drop Cookies
- You need 5 oz of Semi-sweet Bakers chocolate squares.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Cocoa Powder.
- You need 1/3 cup of Egg whites (3 large eggs).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Cream of Tartar.
- You need 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Vanilla extract.
Chocolate Meringue Cookies Recipe & Video. It is hard to resist these billowy Chocolate Meringue Cookies with their powdery crisp crust and soft marshmallow centers. I just love how the crust melts slowly on the tongue, leaving behind a sweet yet deep chocolate flavor. These chocolate drop cookies are made with chopped walnuts or pecans and are both flavorful and chewy and a perfect addition to your lunchbox.
Chocolate Meringue Drop Cookies step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet(s) with parchment paper or aluminum foil and lightly spray with cooking oil..
- Coarsely chop 3oz of the chocolate and place it in a small bowl. Microwave for 1 min; stir, then replace back in microwave and stir every 20 seconds or until completely melted. Set aside..
- Chop the remaining 2oz of chocolate into small pieces. Combine in a small bowl with the cocoa powder..
- Combine egg whites and cream of tartar in a medium mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer for 30 seconds or until soft peaks form. Immediately add 2 Tbsp. sugar, beat for 1 minute. Slowly, about a Tbsp. at a time, add the remaining sugar, then vanilla, continuing to beat on medium/high speed until the mixture is smooth, glossy and thickened. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat for about 30 seconds longer. Lightly fold in the chocolate-cocoa mixture and the melted chocolate, just until evenly incorporated and no streaks remain. Do not over mix..
- Drop by rounded teaspoons about 1-inch apart onto prepared baking sheets..
- Bake 8-12 minutes. Rotating baking sheets the first 6 minutes. Will be firm when lightly pressed, but soft in the middle. Let stand 1-2 minutes. Slide with paper or foil off of the baking sheets and let cool completely. Serve and enjoy!.
Chocolate—milk or semisweet—morsels or white chocolate chips are an excellent addition to just about any cookie dough, with or without the nuts. Also, make sure that you separate your egg whites and yolks carefully, as even a drop of egg. Gently fold in chocolate chips by hand until combined. Drop batter by heaping tablespoon-fulls onto cookie sheet. This is one of my most popular recipes.