Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies.
You can cook Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies using 16 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Prepare of Cookies.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of milk chocolate chips, 15 to 16 oz divided.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of AP flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cocoa powder, natural unsweetened.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of instant espresso powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, room temperature, 1 stick.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 tsp of peppermint extract.
- Prepare 2 of eggs, large.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, bittersweet (do not exceed 61% cacao).
- It’s of Topping.
- You need 4 of candy canes, coarsely crushed.
- You need 1 bunch of mint chocolate Hershey's kisses.
Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F..
- Stir 2 cups chocolate chips in medium metal bowl set over saucepan of simmering water until melted and smooth..
- Measure 2/3 cups melted chocolate; transfer to small metal bowl and reserve for drizzling..
- Whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, espresso powder, and salt in medium bowl..
- Using electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl until creamy..
- Add sugar and both extracts; beat until smooth..
- Add eggs; beat to blend..
- Beat in melted chocolate from medium bowl..
- Add dry ingredients; beat until just blended..
- Stir in remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips..
- Measure 1 level tablespoonful of dough; roll dough between palms to form a ball. Place on prepared baking sheet..
- Repeat with remaining dough, spacing cookies 1 1/2" apart..
- Bake cookies until cracked all over and tester inserted into center comes out with large, moist crumbs attached, 8 to 9 minutes..
- Cool cookies on baking sheet 5 minutes..
- Transfer cookies on parchment paper to racks to cool completely..
- Place unwrapped kisses in center of cookies prior to final cooling so kisses bottoms will melt and meld to the cookies..
- Rewarm reserved 2/3 cups chocolate over small saucepan of simmering water. Using fork, drizzle chocolate over cookies..
- Sprinkle crushed candy canes over, arranging some pieces with red parts showing..
- Chill just until chocolate sets, about 30 minutes..