Chocolate Coconut Pistachio Cookies. Enjoy This Crisp Sandwich Cookie With Creamy Chocolate-Flavored Filling. Try Our Yummy Crispy Chocolate Sandwich Cookies I altered my mom's famous chocolate chip cookie recipe to accommodate two of my favorite flavors, coconut and pistachio. These crunchy-on-the-outside, chewy-on-the-inside cookies have been a huge hit ever since and one of my favorite to make.
If you don't have either, get ready to tone your arms. First, make sure your coconut oil is the right consistency. In a small saucepan heat the chocolate chips and canola oil over low heat until melted and well combined. You can cook Chocolate Coconut Pistachio Cookies using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Coconut Pistachio Cookies
- It’s 2/3 cup of light brown sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of coconut extract.
- Prepare 1 of egg, beaten.
- It’s 2 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sweetened flaked coconut.
- You need 3/4 cup of finely chopped pistachio nuts plus 1/2 cup for garnish.
- It’s 3/4 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of canola oil.
Let cookies dry and set on a piece of parchment paper, wax paper or foil. Home » sweet things » Coconut & pistachio chocolate heart & star cookies. This post may contain affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through them. There is no additional cost to you.
Chocolate Coconut Pistachio Cookies step by step
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter and brown sugar together until melted and combined thoroughly. When melted remove from heat and add coconut extract. Set aside to cool and let stand for 15 minutes..
- Once cooled add the brown sugar mixture to a large bowl. Mix in beaten egg, flour, and cocoa powder. Stir well then add in pistachio nuts and coconut..
- Once completely mixed shape dough into a ball and wrap in saran wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour..
- Once dough is chilled, preheat oven to 350°. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper or just use a plain ungreased baking sheet..
- On a lightly floured surface, roll half the dough at a time to 1/4" thickness. Cut out cookies using whichever shaped cookie cutter you like. Place cutout cookies on the baking sheet about 1" apart from each other..
- Bake at 350° for 9 1/2 minutes or until firm. Allow cookies to cool for 2 minutes before removing from baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely..
- In a small saucepan heat the chocolate chips and canola oil over low heat until melted and well combined. Remove from heat. Dip half of each cookie into the chocolate and then into the 1/2 cup of remaining pistachio nuts. Let cookies dry and set on a piece of parchment paper, wax paper or foil. You can also stick them in the fridge on a baking sheet to set faster..
- ** Recipe adapted from Better Home and Gardens**.
Please read my disclosure for more info. Chocolate lovers, you are going to LOVE these cookies. The rich, chocolate cookies are filled with pistachios, chocolate chunks, and finished with a sprinkling of sea salt. The pop of green the pistachios makes the cookies festive and you will love the pistachio crunch! Add Chocolate Pistachio Cookies to your to do list this week.