Chocolate Sandwich Cookies with Peppermint Cream Filling. These little sandwich cookies start with an easy chocolate dough that's rolled into a cylinder, chilled, and cut into coins. They make a fine addition to a. Oh my goodness, these Peppermint Cream Chocolate Cookie Sandwiches are a chocolate and peppermint lover's idea of a heavenly cookie.
Enjoy all the flavors of chocolate-peppermint bark in cookie form! These soft and chewy cookies are made with cake mix, so they come together quick! Refreshing mint filling sandwiched between two chocolate cookies makes for some tasty Noel nibbling. You can have Chocolate Sandwich Cookies with Peppermint Cream Filling using 17 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Sandwich Cookies with Peppermint Cream Filling
- Prepare of FOR CHOCOLATE COOKIES.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 4 oz of unsalted butter,at room temperature.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 3/4 cup of light brown sugar, packed.
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 6 oz of semi sweet chocolate chips,I used holiday colored ones.
- It’s of FOR PEPPERMINT CREAM FILLING.
- It’s 4 oz of salted butter, at room temperature.
- Prepare 2 cup of confectioners sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of heavy cream, or any cream you have.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of peppermint extract.
Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. And in combination with the peppermint cream they are a delicious and decadent after dinner treat, better than the Peppermint Pattie in my opinion. These chocolate peppermint sandwich creme cookies are made with chocolate spritz cookies and candy cane creme filling. Put the shortening and sugar in a large mixing bowl, and cream.
Chocolate Sandwich Cookies with Peppermint Cream Filling instructions
- Preheat oven to 350. line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- MAKE COOKIES.
- In a medium bowl whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt, set aside..
- In a large bowl beat butter and both sugars until light and fluffy about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat in..
- Add flour mixture and mix in well but don't over mix dough is thick.
- Add chocolate chips and mix in.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on prepared pan 2 inches apart.
- Bake about 8 to 10 minutes until just set, This is very important, do NOT over bake or they will become crunchy not chewy when cool. Cool in pan 5 minutes than transfer to wire rack to cool completely..
- MAKE PEPPERMINT CREAM FILLING.
- Beat utter, confectioners sugar, cream and peppermint extract until light and fluffy..
- Divide filling evenly on half of cookies the top with another cookie to make a sandwich..
- To keep filling from sqeezing it when eating I freeze these cookies individually and remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving. If serving all at one time refrigerate 1 hour to firm filling up a bit. They freeze great..
Chocolate sandwich cookies to be exact. When we were in high school, she uncovered—and perfected—a recipe for homemade Oreos. I'd beg her to make them when we were home. The peppermint filling is the perfect compliment to the fudgy cookies. What gives the filling it's peppermint flavor is peppermint extract.