Chocolate Chip & Almond XL Cookie. These Yummy Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies Are Made With Real Chocolate. These chocolate chip cookies were very, very good. I have been trying chocolate chip cookie recipes forever to find the perfect cookie and this one is very close.
COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. We named this recipe "Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies," because it's got everything a cookie connoisseur could possibly ask for. You can have Chocolate Chip & Almond XL Cookie using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Chip & Almond XL Cookie
- It’s 1/2 cup of Almonds.
- It’s 4 oz of Butter.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- You need 1 cup of Chocolate chips.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Vanilla extract.
- It’s 3/4 of Brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of Flour.
With a texture that is slightly crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside, it's a favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe that's been top-rated by hundreds of satisfied home cooks. They lose some of their crispness overnight, becoming softer. The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe: Ingredients & Substitutions. The only ingredient I feel confident that can be changed up is the mix-ins.
Chocolate Chip & Almond XL Cookie step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a 9 inch springform pan and line the base with parchment paper..
- Spread the almonds in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and roast in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes until the papery skins look cracked..
- Allow to cool just slightly and then gather the still warm nuts in a kitchen towel. Rub the nuts in the towel in a circular motion on a countertop to remove the bitter, papery skins. There may be some nuts that you need to pick out and rub individually and keep in mind, for this recipe, a bit of the skin left is fine. Once the skins have been (mostly) removed transfer the nuts to a cutting board and coarsely chop and then set aside..
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside..
- Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat on high speed for 2 to 3 minutes. Scrape down the beater and bowl with a rubber spatula and add the egg. Beat until the egg is well incorporated and then add the teaspoon of vanilla. Combine well..
- Add in the flour mixture and mix until just combined and a few dry streaks of flour remain. Remove from the mix and using a rubber spatula fold in the chocolate chips and almonds..
- Transfer the batter into the prepared springform pan and using an offset spatula smooth the batter into an even layer..
- Bake until slightly golden 25 minutes or until a wooden skewer comes out clean when placed in the centre of the batter. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack..
- To un-mold, run a knife around the edge of the pan and release the springform ring. Invert the pastry onto a large plate or platter and remove the bottom of the pan and the parchment paper. Invert again onto a cutting board to cut into slices..
- Top with strawberries and sprinkles if desired!.
DO NOT change anything else in this recipe. Mini chocolate chips and chopped nuts are a delightful and yummy surprise in every bite. Bake them from scratch or get a head start with our cookie mix. In a small bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda; set aside. Chocolate chips or chocolate morsels are small chunks of sweetened chocolate, used as an ingredient in a number of desserts (notably chocolate chip cookies and muffins), in trail mix and less commonly in some breakfast foods such as pancakes.