Chocolate- Raspberry Whoopie Pies. I've saved this jam-filled whoopie pie recipe for years after cutting it out of a newspaper. It's one of my grandson's personal favorites. Chocolate-Raspberry Whoopie Pies Recipe photo by Taste of Home.
The cookies are made from scratch, but they are go together in a snap. Add cream cheese and raspberry puree. Add powdered sugar as needed so filling is spreadable. You can cook Chocolate- Raspberry Whoopie Pies using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate- Raspberry Whoopie Pies
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter- softened.
- It’s 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cocoa.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 cup of milk-2%.
- It’s 1 of For the Filling ing..
- Prepare 1 of jar(7oz) marshmallow creme.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shortening.
- You need 1/3 cup of seedless raspberry jam.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 cup of confectioners' sugar.
Place filling in a pastry bag with a round tip. Gluten free dessert recipes are hard to come by, but we have great news. Our Chocolate Raspberry Whoopie Pies are gluten free and delicious. Be the first to review this recipe.
Chocolate- Raspberry Whoopie Pies instructions
- Preheat oven to 400° ..
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter & sugar until light & fluffy.Beat in egg & vanilla..
- In another bowl mix flour, cocoa, b.soda, b.powder & salt. Mix up. Add to creamed muxture alternateing with milk. Beating well after each addition..
- Drop dough by Tablespoonfuls. 2" apart onto greased baking sheets..
- Bake 6-8 minutes. ( I baked mine at 350° They took 12 min. ) .Or until top springs back.Remove from oven to cool..
- While they are cooling make your filling. In a large bowl. Beat marshmallow creme & shortening until blended. Beat in jam. Gradually beat in sugar until smooth.Spread on bottoms & top with another one. Lightly press together..
Another fond childhood memory.with one of my modifications. The original filling was usually made with Crisco, YUCK! View top rated Raspberry whoopie pies recipes with ratings and reviews. I've saved this jam-filled whoopie pie recipe for years after cutting it out of a newspaper. It's one of my grandson's Chocolate Whoopie Pies.