Chocolate Ice Cream Roll Cake. This tempting take on the much-loved cake roll features a from-scratch chocolate cake, vanilla ice cream and a layer of berry jam. Place seam side down on a platter. Cake should spring back when touched lightly.
Then I filled the roll with strawberry ice cream. I used Tillamook because I love their product, but you can use your favorite brand. The strawberry ice cream filling along with the chocolate cake and the whipped cream or Cool Whip topping makes this cake full of neapolitan flavors. You can have Chocolate Ice Cream Roll Cake using 20 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Ice Cream Roll Cake
- You need of CAKE.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cake flour.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need 3/4 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 5 of large egg at room temperature.
- You need 3/4 cup of granulated sugar, divided use.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need of confectioners sugar for dusting.
- It’s of FILLING.
- It’s 6 cup of softened ice cream, I used chocolate chip.
- Prepare of CHOCOLATE GANACHE FROSTING.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- You need 8 oz of chopped semi sweet chocolate.
- Prepare of GARNISH.
- You need 12 of Lindor white cho chocolate truffles.
- It’s 1/2 cup of colored sprinkles.
- Prepare of SERVING SAUCES.
- Prepare 1 of recipe Coffee Cream Anglaise, recipe attached in step #16.
- Prepare 1 of recipe Hot Fudge Sauce recipe attached in step 16.
What's a party without ice cream and cake? Now you can have both in one fun roll! The key to this recipe's success is how to roll your chocolate cake Just grab our recipe here, then click on the video to follow our easy step-by-step instructions. The best part is, this ice cream cake is so simple to make.
Chocolate Ice Cream Roll Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray a 15 by 10 inch jelly roll.pan with non stick spray. Line pan with parchment paper and spray parchment paper with non stick spray..
- In a small bowl combine flour, cocoa powder baking powder and salt.
- . Separate egg yolks and egg whites into separate large bowls. Whites in one bowl, yolks in the other. Beat whites until foamy, gradually add 1/4 cup sugar and beat until stiff peaks..
- Beat egg yolks with remaining 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla until thick and light, 2 to 3 minutes.fold in flour/chocolate mixture just until combined.
- Fold 1/4 of egg white mixture into yolk mixture then fold in remaining whites.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake 12 to 13 minutes until.toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 2 minutes on wire rack, meanwhile dust clean dry kitchen towel with confectioners sugar. Run a small sharp knives around edges of cake to release any stuck pieces. Invert cake on prepared kitchen towel and carefully peel of parchment paper.
- Roll cake up in towel.using towel to roll.in long cylinder, cool on rack while preparing ice cream.
- Have ice cream.softened enough to be able to spread. Unroll.cake and spread ice cream.evenly over cake.
- Roll cake up tightly using towel to just help. Don't worry about cracks they will be covered with frosting later Wrap. well in parchment paper and foil and frezze overnight.
- Make frosting.
- Place chopped chocolate in a large bowl. Heat cream just until hot in microwave or stovetop, pour over chocolate let sit 1 minute then stir until smooth.
- Chill mixture until cold at least 2 hours. When ready to frost cake beat. chocolate until creamy.
- Frost cake with frosting, press truffles in top and add sprinkles. Return to freezer to set frosting.
- Slice and serve with Coffee Cream Anglaise and Hot Fudge Sauce recipes attached below https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/359845-hot-fudge-sauce https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/339891-coffee-creme-anglaise.
One cake roll was filled with Cherry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream and one filled with Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. When ice cream is softened, unroll cooled cake and spread evenly with ice cream. Wrap tightly in parchment, then in foil and freeze, seam side down, overnight until firm. Place ice cream scoops on the cake in an even line, starting with chocolate, then the strawberry and vanilla. Smooth each line of ice cream out, being careful not to mix the flavors.