Apricot and Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies. Enjoy This Crisp Sandwich Cookie With Creamy Chocolate-Flavored Filling. Dark Chocolate Apricot Oatmeal Cookies are packed with goodies! I love the dark chocolate paired up with the sweet apricots.
I had a bundle of dried apricots on my hands to make a batch of homemade muesli. Mix flour, oatmeal,and baking soda in a medium bowl. Aside from cookies, oats are amazing in other types of baked desserts. You can have Apricot and Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apricot and Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- It’s 2/3 cup of sugar.
- You need 2/3 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 cup of butter.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 3 cups of oats.
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- You need 3/4 cup of chocolate chips.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dried apricots (chopped).
The apricot and white chocolate oatmeal cookies turned out great! The cookies smelled so amazingly good while baking and even after. They were nice and moist and chewy on the inside and just slightly crispy on the edges, just the way I like them. My only complaint, and it is a minor one, was that the apricot flavour was a bit to subtle.
Apricot and Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies step by step
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except flour, oats, apricots and chocolate chips..
- Once all these ingredients are combined, stir in all other ingredients..
- Place cookie dough on cookie sheet with one inch in between each ball. Squish the cookie dough down a little bit. We did tablespoon sized balls, but you could do any size..
- Let the cookies bake for 8-10 minutes, then you're done!.
These cookies are very chewy and not overly sweet. Fold through apricots and chocolate until evenly combined. In large bowl, beat all ingredients except oats, flour, apricots and pecans with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy, or mix with spoon. Top tip for making Oat, apricot and raisin cookies Fancy a sweet treat? I made no changes other than cutting back on the sugar.