Chocolate Layer Cake with Cherry Cheesecake Filling and Frosting. Garnish with chocolate curls and a cherry if desired. We multiplied the recipe for our large crowd and frosted one cake with the cherry filling on the outside as well. Old-Fashioned Chocolate Cake with Maraschino Cherry Filling.
Best Ever Chocolate cherry Cheesecake, Baked Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake This custard-based cheese batter enriched with cherry sauce and melted dark-chocolate before being These chocolate cherry cupcakes are decadent, chocolaty and filled with sweet cherry filling. This Triple Chocolate Cherry Cake is loaded with juicy cherries and topped with an easy That's what you want! Turn mixer to low and add in the cherry pie filling and extracts. You can cook Chocolate Layer Cake with Cherry Cheesecake Filling and Frosting using 23 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Layer Cake with Cherry Cheesecake Filling and Frosting
- You need of FOR CHOCOLATE CAKE.
- You need 1 1/4 cups of hot water.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of instant coffee granules.
- Prepare 1 cup of unsweetented cocoa powder.
- You need 2 cups of granulated sugar.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 1/4 cups of sour cream.
- You need 2 1/2 of teaspooons baking soda.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 3 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of plus 2 tablespoons canola oil.
- You need of FOR CHERRY CHEESECAKE FILLING AND TOPPING.
- Prepare 3-8 ounce of packages cream cheese, at room temperature.
- Prepare 1 cup of good quality cherry preserves.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of confectioner's sugar.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 cups of cold neavy whipping cream.
- You need 3/4 teaspoon of cherry extract.
- You need of GARNISH.
- Prepare of red, white and heart sprinkles as needed.
- You need of chocolate shavings as needed.
Once combined, beat on medium for a minute or two until cherries are broken into small pieces. This chocolate layer cake turns out so fluffy and nice. Good news; you can make this Chocolate Layer Cake with Creme in advance! Chocolate Mousse CheesecakeSilky Chocolate Cheesecake Topped with a Layer of Belgian Chocolate Mousse.
Chocolate Layer Cake with Cherry Cheesecake Filling and Frosting instructions
- Prehest oven to 3050. Spay a 10 inch cake pan with 3 inch sides with bakers spray.
- In a bowl whisk hot water, coffee granules and cocoa powder until smooth.
- In another bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a third large bowl beat eggs, vanilla and sugar until well combined and pale, add oil and sour cream and stir in then stir in flour mixture, then cocoa mixtire until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center comes out just clean. Cool on rack 20 minutes before removing from pan to cool completely.
- When cake is completely cool, cut it in half with a large sharp knife to have 2 layers.
- PREPARE CHERRY CHEESECAKE FILLING.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in confectioner's sugar, vanilla and cherry extract , salt and cherry preserves.
- In a seperate cold large bowl beat heavy whipping cream until it holds firm peaks.
- Fold whipped cream and cherry cream cheese mixture until uniform in color.
- Place one layer of cake on serving plate.
- Cover with 2/3 of the cheesecake mixture.
- Top with remaining cake layer.
- Cover top and sides with temaing cherry cheese cake mixture.
- Garnish with red and white and heart sprinkles and chocolate shavings. Refrigerate at least 6hoursor overnight to firm up cheesecake.
I can't imagine better choice than rich and decadent. Chocolate and cherry is an interesting combination; some hate it, and some love it. As you probably guessed, I'm a member of the latter group. I love the twist of cherries in this cake, and the addition of chocolate chips makes it absolutely irresistible. Making the Cake Start by mixing the cocoa powder.