[Vegan] Coconut Chocolate Ice-cream. Get Vegan Coconut Ice Cream today with Drive Up, Pick Up or Same Day Delivery. To make this delicious vegan chocolate ice cream, you simply add coconut milk, coconut cream, cocoa, sugar and golden or maple syrup to a pot and bring it to a simmer stirring regularly. When it reaches a simmer, you remove from the heat, and add in a little vanilla and some vegan dark chocolate.
Simmering and puréeing the ice cream base emulsifies coconut fats that could otherwise separate and turn grainy while churning. You can also fold in some crushed chocolate into the ice-cream mixture. This recipe is vegan, gluten free. You can cook [Vegan] Coconut Chocolate Ice-cream using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of [Vegan] Coconut Chocolate Ice-cream
- You need 2 (14 oz) of cans full fat Coconut milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of plus 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder, sifted (unsweetened cocoa powder is fine too).
- You need 1 tablespoon of tapioca starch.
- You need 3/4 cup of pure maple syrup.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract.
- You need 6 tablespoon of creamy almond butter, unsalted (or any creamy unsalted nut butter).
HOW TO STORE Store this ice cream in a freeze safe container. You can buy coconut cream or make it from full fat coconut milk. Place a can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight. So, here is the delicious, super creamy, vegan ice cream to enjoy in summers.
[Vegan] Coconut Chocolate Ice-cream instructions
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the coconut milk with the cacao powder, tapioca, and maple syrup. Heat the mixture over medium heat and cook while stirring with the whisk for about 5-10 minutes until the mixture just begins to bubble. Remove from heat, then whisk in the almond butter, vanilla and sea salt until fully combined and smooth..
- Allow the mixture to cool at room temperature for about 20 minutes, stirring. A film might begin to form on top – this is normal, simply whisk to blend it away..
- Transfer the mixture to a medium loaf pan (I used an 8.5 x 4.5} and cover the top with plastic wrap so the plastic is in full contact with the mixture. wrap again tightly with aluminum foil and place in the freezer, freeze 6 hours or overnight..
- As with most homemade no-churn ice creams, once fully frozen, you will need to allow it to thaw on the countertop for 15-30 minutes prior to scooping..
I have made three flavors – Strawberry, Chocolate and Pineapple. Using the ice cream base that I have shown in this. Directions: Ice cream, ice cream, we all scream for ice cream! Now that I've gotten that off my chest…let's talk about my ice cream adventures of the past. Cookie Dough Ice Cream: Use the basic ice cream recipe, and stir in spoonfuls of this Chickpea Cookie.