[Vegan] Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet. These Yummy Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies Are Made With Real Chocolate. Remove from heat and stir in brown and white sugar and vanilla extract. Whisk in chickpea flour "egg" until well combined.
I teased this skillet cookie on my Instagram stories a couple of weeks ago and got SO. I based this recipe heavily off of my easy vegan chocolate chip cookies with a few minor tweaks and just really love how it turned out! Tip: Remove the skillet cookie from the cast iron skillet (do not store in the skillet or it will take on the flavor of the iron pan). You can cook [Vegan] Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of [Vegan] Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet
- Prepare 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of coconut sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of organic cane sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of apple sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of coconut oil, melted.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt, plus more for topping.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 2/3 cup of dairy-free chocolate chips.
Flaxseed Option: An equal amount of ground chia seeds can be used I place of the flaxseed meal. We're so obsessed with this recipe because it's so easy to throw together and tastes SO delish, especially topped with a scoop of ice cream. So go ahead, grab a spoon! In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
[Vegan] Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet instructions
- Pre-heat your oven to 350° F..
- In a large mixing bowl, add the sea salt, coconut sugar, cane sugar, whole wheat flour, and baking powder. Mix well..
- Add in the apple sauce, vanilla extract, and coconut oil. As you mix that with the dry, fold in the chocolate chips..
- Greese your cast iron skillet with a bit of coconut oil, and pour the batter in. It will be a pretty thick batter, which is normal..
- Once it's spread out evenly, sprinkle a bit more sea salt on and cook for 25-30 minutes, until done on top and slightly under cooked in the middle..
- Remove and let cool for 5 minutes. Top with dairy-free ice cream..
In a separate bowl, whisk the sugars, olive oil, and almond milk until incorporated. Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture, and then stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Add in flaxseed "egg" and vanilla extract whisking again until evenly combined. Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Skillet! This super easy and decadent cookie recipe is a showstopper.