Chocolate covered cherry cookies. Although these cookies require a little extra effort, they're worth it. Remove from the heat; add cherry juice and stir until smooth. Place a cherry in the center of each cookie.
All Reviews for Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies II. These chocolate-covered cherry cookies will be the hit of the party. If you love chocolate covered cherries, you will love these cookies! You can cook Chocolate covered cherry cookies using 14 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate covered cherry cookies
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp. of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of baking cocoa.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of baking soda.
- It’s 48 of maraschino cherries, blotted dry.
- Prepare of Frosting:.
- It’s 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sweetened condensed milk.
- It’s 1-3 tsp. of maraschino cherry juice.
I like chocolate covered cherries but these cookies are better. I sent this recipe to my daughter in Pennsylvania." — Steeler Fan. Chocolate Covered Cherries were the inspiration for this simple and easy recipe for Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies! These will soon be on the list of Christmas Cookie Recipes that you make year after year!
Chocolate covered cherry cookies instructions
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing between each addition (batter will be very firm). Shape into 48 balls, about 1 inch round, and place on ungreased cookie sheets (I line mine with parchment paper). Push 1 cherry halfway into each ball..
- For frosting, melt chocolate chips and milk in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; add cherry juice and stir until smooth. Spoon 1 tsp. of frosting over each cherry (the frosting will spread over cookie during baking). Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. I put mine in for 12. Cool on wire racks..
Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies – dark chocolate thumbprint cookies filled with rich chocolate that surrounds a sweet maraschino cherry surprise These Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies were inspired by a cookie that my mother always makes around Christmas time, based upon a recipe. A favorite candy becomes a great cookie! Enjoy these yummy cookies topped with chocolate dipped cherries. White and Dark Chocolate Raspberry Tart. I love chocolate covered cherries and this recipe is to die for.