Dark Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies. Chewy double chocolate cookies with mint in the batter and on top with a sprinkling of crushed candy cane. Perfect for cookie exchanges, holiday Thankfully this recipe satisfies my deepest chocolate peppermint cravings, perhaps just as much as a double scoop of mint chocolate chip ice cream. Chocolate Peppermint Cookies that taste like brownies!
A chocolaty chocolate chip cookie, with peppermint flavoring. A chocolaty chocolate chip cookie, with peppermint flavoring. These chocolate chip cookies have a few Peppermint Crunch Junior Mints tucked inside. You can have Dark Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dark Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies
- You need 1 1/4 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/3 cup of 100% cocoa powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of coarse salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cold unsalted butter or room temperature cubed (1 stick).
- It’s 3/4 cup of granulated white sugar.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- You need 1/4 tsp of peppermint extract.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of divided peppermint chips and chocolate chips.
I decided to make the cookies even more festive by adding crushed The Peppermint Crunch Junior Mints melted throughout the cookies creating a nice minty surprise. The candy canes made the cookies look. These dark chocolate peppermint cookies are a healthy, whole-grain cookie that are perfect for the holidays! All made without gluten, dairy, eggs or refined sugar!
Dark Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies step by step
- Pre heat oven to 350 and line cookie sheet with parchment paper..
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside..
- In the bowl of stand mixer (or using a hand mixer) combine the butter and sugar. Beat on medium high speed until light and fluffy 2-3 minutes. Add the egg and peppermint extract. Beat until well combined. Scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed..
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the flour mixture and stir until just incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips..
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon or use a cookie scoop. Roll into a ball. Slightly flatten the ball and press the top of the dough add more chocolate chips if you want. Place on prepared cookie sheet 1½ inches apart..
- Bake 10-12 minutes, until edges are firm and the center is still soft. Let cool on the cookie sheet 5-10 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely..
Dark Chocolate Peppermint M&M Cookies from Amber of Bluebonnets & Brownies featuring new white chocolate peppermint M&M candies. I didn't want the peppermint taste to become overwhelming, so I actually mixed in some white chocolate chips and regular holiday M&M candies. Fudgy chocolate cookie "sticks" get dipped in dark chocolate and sprinkled with crushed peppermint candies for a treat that'll really stand out on your Take your time when dipping cookies into melted chocolate. Tipping the bowl will help ensure you've got the deepest pool of melted chocolate to dip. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a silpat lined baking sheet.