Sugar Cookie Sparkles. Not only are the sprinkles adorably festive, they give the cookies a delicious crunch. Dutch sugar cookies (Arnhemse meisjes) are crispy with a sugary sweet crunch. These Dutch sparkling sugar cookies are easy to make, and so pretty!
Jump and Slide to fill the small gauge. These are an all-time favorite cookie. These Sparkling Peppermint Sugar Cookies take basic sugar cookies and load them with crushed candy cane pieces for a yummy holiday treat fit for Santa and his elves (or just you and your family)! You can cook Sugar Cookie Sparkles using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sugar Cookie Sparkles
- Prepare 3 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp. of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature.
- It’s 2 oz. of block style cream cheese, softened to room temperature.
- It’s 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 of large egg, at room temperature.
- You need 2 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of almond extract.
- It’s 3/4 cup of sanding sugar, any color you'd like.
You can make Sparkling Sugar any color you want. You only need sugar, food And here is our blue Sparkling Sugar. If you want a more course. Pick up a jar of sanding sugar for your holiday cookies.
Sugar Cookie Sparkles step by step
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or using a hand mixer beat the butter and cream cheese together on med-high speed until combined and smooth. Beat in the sugar until creamy, a minute or two. Then beat in the egg, vanilla extract and almond extract..
- On low speed, slowly add the flour, baking powder and salt. Beat together until it's all combined and the dough comes together. Cover the dough tightly with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour (and up to 4 days). If chilling for longer than 3 hours, let the dough sit out for 30 or so minutes to make it easier to work with..
- Towards the end of chill time, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a few large baking trays with either parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Place the sanding sugar into small bowls..
- Once the dough is done chilling, roll the dough into balls and roll the balls in the sanding sugar to coat them completely. Place the coated balls onto the baking trays about 1/2 an inch apart from the others (they really won't spread too much). Use the bottom of a dry measuring cup to gently press each ball down a bit..
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, until very lightly browned around the bottom. Let them cool on the trays for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely..
- Store them in an airtight container for up to 5 days..
- Finished cookies are soft and chewy but the sugar coating gives a nice texture contrast..
Sanding sugars are really nothing more than course-grain sugar tinted with coloring. Sugar Cookies are a sweet and tender cookie with wonderfully crisp edges. They are delicious whether dressed simply with a sprinkling of colored sugar or frosted with royal icing. She loves glitter, sparkles, unicorns, dress up, and she especially loves SPRINKLES (pink and purple. Decorating sugars and sprinkles add sheen, sparkle, and texture to cookies while being super easy to use—as in they're great for the Translucent and sparkly, this is glitter in sugar form.