Basque cheesecake. Learn how to make a "Burnt" Basque Cheesecake! That's right, we're burning a cheesecake, and this time, it's on purpose! By the subjective standards of cheesecake, Basque Cheesecake is burnt, but it is not cooked so long that the top turns to carbon.
I usually wait like three or four years, and by that time people have lost interest. "This "burnt" cheesecake from the Basque Country doesn't require making a crust, so it's a super easy recipe! It doesn't need much time to cool and it doesn't matter if the surface cracks and gets browned. » Basque Cheesecake. Five ingredients to jiggly, wobbly, creamy joy. You can have Basque cheesecake using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Basque cheesecake
- You need 400 grams of Cream Cheese.
- You need 3 pieces of Eggs.
- It’s 160 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Flour.
- You need 200 ml of Fresh Cream.
As soon as I ate this cheesecake, I knew my mission: get the recipe and adapt it for Thermomix. This Basque cheesecake is smooth, creamy, and SO easy to make. There is no crust; instead, it forms its own deep brown exterior from cooking at high heat. People call it a burnt cheesecake.
Basque cheesecake step by step
- Mix all ingredients in order of Cream cheese -> beaten eggs -> Sugar -> Flour -> Fresh Cream. There is no problem even if the cheese remains small blocks..
- Put the crispy oven sheet into an 18cm cake mold. Pour cheese dough into it..
- Bake for 40 minutes in an oven at 220 ° C. Then cool at room temperature for 4 hours..
- You can eat it as it is or chill it in the refrigerator..
I came across this cheesecake in San Sebastián, the most glorious food destination in all the land. Basque burnt cheesecakes are well known to be the easiest cheesecake to make. They're everything a normal cheesecake isn't—simple, quick and, most importantly, burnt. ; "Burnt" Basque Cheesecake. If you've not had much luck with traditional cheesecake methods, you should stop trying and make this exclusively. Though the batter is creamy-rich like your traditional.