Lemon Cream Cheese Cookie Bars. Chewy lemon cookie bars with a citrus cream cheese filling and cookie crumble top. Lemon cream cheese bars are a variation of the traditional lemon bars, made with crescent roll dough and a lemony cream cheese filling. "Nothing brings a recipe to life like fresh lemons! For a change of pace from the standard Southern-style lemon bars, you need to look no further!
I just can't get enough of lemon. I like how lemon tames the richness of cream cheese in a lemon. Lemon Cream Cheese Bars are a true family favorite. You can have Lemon Cream Cheese Cookie Bars using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lemon Cream Cheese Cookie Bars
- Prepare 1 box of lemon cake mix (any will do!).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 of eggs ( one for crumble mixture,one for cream cheese mix.).
- It’s 1 tsp of lemon peel.
- Prepare 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 pkg (8 oz) of softened room temp cream cheese.
My mom made these for years when we were growing up and we all loved them. These creamy, lemony bars with a sugar cookie crust are easy to make and totally delicious! Lemon Cheesecake Bars take lemon bars to the next level! All the delicious lemon flavor with a cream cheese layer, lemon cream cheese bars are a must try!
Lemon Cream Cheese Cookie Bars step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees..
- Mix box of cake mix,1 egg and the cup of oil. Blend until crumbly, there will be many soft clumps and that's great!.
- Save one cup of the mix as this will be used for the crumb topping..
- Pat remaining mixture into a 13 x 9 in. baking pan and bake for 12 minutes.In separate bowl, beat together softened cream cheese, 1 egg, sugar, lemon peel, and lemon juice..
- Beat until smooth and fluffy..
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over baked crumble mixture.
- Sprinkle reserved crumble mixture over the top of cream cheese layer.Bake 15 minutes longer or until crumb topping is just beginning to brown..
- Allow to cool completely, cut into bars, enjoy..
Today's recipe for Lemon Cheesecake Bars is a favorite of my family and just about everyone who tries it. Homemade lemon bars from a mix? In medium bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. These Lemon Cream Cheese Bars are perfect for a sweet treat and how delicious do they look? Cream cheese is the star ingredient in both the cookie and its glaze, and performs two tasks: It imparts tanginess and contributes to the soft texture.