Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting. Coming up on our second anniversary of living abroad next month, I've decided it's simply a fact — moving away from home is pretty much guaranteed to make you ridiculously nostalgic for all of your favorite comfort foods. These will be your new favorite and the only fall dessert you need! As far as Pumpkin Desserts go, there isn't a bad one to be had.
Frost the bars and sprinkle with the toasted walnuts. Pumpkin bars are a fall tradition in many households. But my family likes them so much, they ask me to make them all year long! You can have Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Prepare of pumpkin bars.
- It’s 1 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 16 oz of can pumpkin.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- You need 2 cup of flour.
- You need 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of cloves.
- You need of frosting.
- It’s 3 oz of cream cheese.
- Prepare 3/4 stick of margarine.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 tsp of milk.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of confectioners sugar.
Add enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. I can't believe I am admitting this publicly, but I am sitting at my kitchen island with the smell of banana bread wafting through the air while I'm completely surrounded by Christmas bins. These yummy bars are a lightly spiced pumpkin dessert with cream cheese icing that's perfect for fall and Thanksgiving. I'll be honest right now, I'm not sure when "pumpkin bars" really become "pumpkin cake" and vice versa.
Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting step by step
- beat together: vegetable oil, sugar, pumpkin and eggs. blend well..
- sift together: flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, baking powder and gloves..
- add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture..
- pour mixture into greased 13×9 inch pan..
- bake 35 mins at 350°F..
- frosting: beat together cream cheese, margarine, vanilla, milk and confectioners sugar..
- frost over cooled pumpkin bars and sprinkle with nuts..
These pumpkin bars are simple to make and taste absolutely delicious. A low carb and gluten free cake that will have you reaching for another. The crumb is soft and tender, it's easy, fast, forgiving and very versatile. Use this batter to make Pumpkin Bars, a round cake, loaf, cupcakes, muffins or even a bundt cake! Gluten-free pumpkin bars are my go-to fall potluck recipe!