Red Velvet Cookies With Cream Cheese Frosting. They're perfect for Christmas or Valentine's Day, and if you love red velvet – then these cookies are definitely for you. Add the eggs, one at a time, until combined. If you plan on eating these cookies within the day, you can store them at room temperature.
We've all gone a little crazy for these chewy Red Velvet Cookies with cream cheese filling. There's something about that delicious red velvet flavor, with hints of vanilla and undertones of chocolate, mixed with the flavors from the filling that have me falling hard for these cookies! They remind me a lot of my favorite Homemade Oreo Cookies. You can have Red Velvet Cookies With Cream Cheese Frosting using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Red Velvet Cookies With Cream Cheese Frosting
- You need 1 box of Red velvet cake mix.
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- It’s 6 tsp of Butter melted.
- It’s 1 tsp of Vanilla.
- It’s of Frosting.
- It’s 1 cup of Powdered sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of Vanilla.
- Prepare 1 of Bar of cream cheese.
These cookies have a "cake like" texture so they honestly taste just like a red velvet cupcake, except they're in cookie form! Make the cookie dough: Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt together until combined. Parchment paper helps the cakes seamlessly release from the pans. Make the cake: Whisk the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt together in a large bowl.
Red Velvet Cookies With Cream Cheese Frosting instructions
- Mix all cookie ingredients until well mixed.
- Form into 1 inch balls and place on greased cookie sheet ( I use a greased foil sheet).
- Bake @ 375 for 9 minutes.
- For frosting mix all ingredients. Spoonful frosting on a cooled cookie and place another cookie to form a sandwich.
The cookie base is amazing as well. Decadent Red Velvet Cookies filled with Cream Cheese. It's like a little 'surprise!' when you bite into each one! You can drizzle the finished cookies with white chocolate, icing or dust them with a little powdered sugar, which is what I did 🙂 You don't have to have a cookie scoop to make this recipe. Make sure to check back in all week for some fun new red velvet recipes.