Oatmeal chocolate chip raisin cookies. Make a batch of old-fashioned oatmeal cookies even more special by adding chocolate chips and raisins. Use this perfect oatmeal cookie as the base for other add-ins such as raisins, dried cranberries, and nuts. Stir in ground walnuts, oats, chocolate chips and raisins.
Add in some pecans and coconut and we're pretty excited. Try adding chocolate chips or chopped nuts in addition to, or instead of, raisins and there'll be even more to love. Before you get started, check out Betty's tips on how to bake the perfect cookie and everyone will ask for the recipe! You can have Oatmeal chocolate chip raisin cookies using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Oatmeal chocolate chip raisin cookies
- Prepare 3/4 cup of shortening.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of light brown sugar.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 cup of uncooked oats.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 12 oz of chocolate chips.
- It’s 1 cup of raisins.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
I've been making this recipe since it was published – it has to be the family favorite for chocolate chip cookies – so much that I've lost the book a couple of times and have to come here to reprint the recipe. I packed chocolate chips, raisins, nuts and cinnamon into my oatmeal cookie recipe. These soft cookies are easy to make. Best of all, our kids love them!
Oatmeal chocolate chip raisin cookies step by step
- In small mixing bowl beat shortening & sugars until creamy, add eggs & vanilla beat until blened..
- In medium mixing bowl combine flour, baking soda, oats, salt and cinnamon; gradually add butter mixture..
- Stir in chocolate chips & rasins..
- Spray baking sheet with coconut oil. You can use pam or butter or if you like. Drop spoonfuls on lightly greased sheet..
- Preheat oven 350. Every ovens different so feel free to adjust temperature slightly. Bake 8-14 minutes, if you like cookies chewy bake 10-12 minutes..
Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the raisins, pecans and. Add chocolate chips and continue to mix well. Flatten the cookies a bit, so they resemble thick disks (they won't spread very much while baking). But in my opinion, the king of all cookies is a hybrid of the two.