Chocolate Peanut Butter Buttercream " Whoopie " Pies. When you take your first bite you are going to yell out "Whoopie!" and do a little dance. What does the "Whoopie?" dance look like? Get the full recipe here: http.
Give whoopie pies a twist with some of your favorite flavors. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, milk, sour cream and vanilla. The special cookies that make up these traditional whoopie pie sandwiches are simple to make. You can have Chocolate Peanut Butter Buttercream " Whoopie " Pies using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Peanut Butter Buttercream " Whoopie " Pies
- Prepare of For the Chocolate Whoopie.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter- melted.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cocoa.
- You need 2 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- It’s of Peanut Butter Buttercream Filling.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of melted butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of creamy peanut butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of milk.
- Prepare 2 cup of confectioners sugar.
Not like other whoopie pies, these cake cookies are even more chocolaty and cakey! These whoopie pies are definitely for the indulgent days when you just need a good PB and Chocolate fix. I love baking because it makes the cost of the baked goods. Whoopie pies are two soft cookies sandwiched with a delicious filling.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Buttercream " Whoopie " Pies step by step
- Preheat oven to 350º. Spray or line cookie sheet..
- In a bowl mix the flour, cocoa, b.Soda, b. Powder, salt . In a mixer cream together brown sugar & butter together. Mix in vanilla & egg. Add dry in ingredients & milk.Continue to mix until smooth. Scrap bowl..
- Drop by 1/4 cup. ( I used a #20 scoop).onto your baking sheet leaving 1" space between cakes as they will grow. Bake 11-13 minutes. Remove from oven. Allow to Cool..
- Once they are cool. Beat melted butter & peanut butter in a mixing bowl until smooth. Gradually mix in powered sugar & thick. Add in milk. Continue beating for 2 minutes until buttercream is spreadable & fluffy. Put some icing on one & then press another one on top..
- This makes 10-12 pies..
Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat; set aside. Top with remaining pies, rounded side up, to form whoopie pies. A retro treat, whoopie pies feature cakey chocolate cookies sandwiching a creamy filling. Top with remaining pies, rounded side up, to form whoopie pies. I wanted a truly easy cookie recipe that ANYONE can make.