Pomegranate & Chocolate Cookies. Overview Information Pomegranate is a tree. Various parts of the tree and fruit are used to make medicine. People use pomegranate for high blood pressure, athletic performance, heart disease.
The pomegranate (known as "anār" انار in Urdu) is a popular fruit in Pakistan. It is grown in Pakistan and is also. The pomegranate, or Punica granatum, is a shrub that produces a red fruit (). You can cook Pomegranate & Chocolate Cookies using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pomegranate & Chocolate Cookies
- You need 1 cup of unsalted butter (softened).
- It’s 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 large of eggs.
- You need 1 2/3 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 10 grams of baking powder.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 120 grams of 65℅ dark chocolate.
- You need 1 large of pomegranate.
Pomegranate (Punica granatum) is unique among plants. The only other plant that is closely related is a small tree commonly known as the pomegranate tree or Socotran pomegranate (Punica protopunica) and grows only on the Socotra island in Yemen. Pomegranate has been used for thousands of years to treat a wide variety of diseases. The health benefits of pomegranates are innumerable apart from being healthy, they are delicious too.
Pomegranate & Chocolate Cookies step by step
- Mix the sugars and the butter until soft. Pre-heat oven at 180°C (350°F).
- Add one egg and the vanilla and stir well..
- Add the flour little by little, the baking powder and the salt. Before the last portion of floyr add the remaining egg..
- Chop the chocolate (I use chocolate bars for that) and stir in the batter until evenly mixed..
- Peel the pomegranate and add 3/4 of the seeds in the batter..
- Put a large non-stick paper in a tray and with two teaspoons make the cookies..
- Bake for 6 minutes before opening the oven and putting some extra seeds on top of each cookie..
- Take out when holden brown. Leave them in a rqcked tray with paper until they feel hard to the touch!.
This amazing fruit contains three times as many antioxidants as either wine or green tea. Pomegranate seeds get their vibrant red hue from polyphenols. Pomegranate juice contains higher levels of antioxidants than most other fruit juices. Pomegranate is a fruit that is extensively used in Ayurveda as a cure for several problems. It is enriched with the goodness of antioxidants, minerals, fibres, vitamin A, C and E along with folic acid.