Coconut Macaroon s with a Chocolate Center. I like my coconut macaroons dense and chewy. These chocolate coconut macaroons require surprisingly few ingredients to deliver I love chocolate. But when you showed the two with an almond in the center.
Learn to make beautiful coconut macaroons dipped and drizzled in dark chocolate. Stir the batter again with a fork. Line a baking sheet with parchment or with a Silpat. You can have Coconut Macaroon s with a Chocolate Center using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Coconut Macaroon s with a Chocolate Center
- You need 2 2/3 cup of sweetened flaked coconut.
- Prepare 3 tablespoon of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 4 of large egg whites.
- You need 1 of teas vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract.
- It’s of about 15 hershey kiss chocolate candies, milk or dark chocolate.
Coconut Macaroons – delightfully sweet and moist bite-sized treat that's chewy in the middle with a slightly crusty exterior. A wonderful indulgence using simple and few ingredients! Modern day coconut macaroons are soft coconut cookies, sometimes made with almond paste or even potato starch. The Coconut Macaroons with Chocolate Icing recipe out of our category Cookie!
Coconut Macaroon s with a Chocolate Center step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix coconut, flour, sugar and salt.
- In another bowl whisk egg whites and both extracts until foamy.
- Add coconut mixture to whites and combine with a fork.
- Drop in rounded 1 1/2 tablespoons on to prepared pans. Bake for 17 to 20 minutes until lightly browned.
- Immediately gently but firmly press a Hershey kiss in center of each cookie. Cool on wire racks.
Carefuly fold the coconut into the egg whites. Coconut Macaroons are a delicious combination of dried coconut, whole eggs, white sugar, and vanilla extract. Enjoy them plain, dip the bottoms in melted chocolate, or just place a small chocolate chunk into the center of each cookie. I served two dozen Coconut Macaroons with Belgian Chocolate at the salon I host for writers and artists. Report a problem with an order.