Chocolate Mousse Filled Coconut Shortbread Cookies. I have tried three times and it comes out lumpy and kind of gross what gives ? These amazing Coconut Flour Shortbread Cookies are a wonderful, healthier treat not only for the holiday season. Decorate the cooled cookies with the melted chocolate by either drizzling it over top.
The coconut flavor makes them extra special. —Roberta Otto, Duluth, Minnesota. cookies, coconut oil, coconut flour, vanilla, raw honey. Double Chocolate Coconut Shortbread CookiesA Healthy Life For Me. These coconut flour shortbread cookies are deliciously crowd-pleasing. You can have Chocolate Mousse Filled Coconut Shortbread Cookies using 13 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Mousse Filled Coconut Shortbread Cookies
- Prepare of For Coconut Shortbread Thumbprint Cookies.
- You need 12 ounces of unsalted butter, at room temperature (3 sticks).
- Prepare 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 3 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 of large egg beaten with 1 tablesoon water (egg wash).
- It’s 7 ounces of sweetened flaked coconut.
- You need of For Milk Chocolate Mousse Fillimg.
- Prepare 6 ounces of good quality milk chocolate, not chips. I used Lindor.
- You need of Exellence Extra Creamy Milk Chocolate.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
No matter the occasion, these Coconut Flour Paleo Shortbread Cookies are one recipe you will want to add into your recipe box. Once the cookies are baked, you have the option of adding a dark chocolate drizzle on top or. Rich vegan chocolate coconut mousse recipe that's made with coconut milk that takes minutes to make. It's thick, rich, creamy, dairy-free and suitable for vegan, paleo and refined sugar-free diets.
Chocolate Mousse Filled Coconut Shortbread Cookies instructions
- Start the mousse filling first as it needs to chill before finishing.
- For Milk Chocolate Mousse.
- Have chopped chocolate in a large bowl, heat cream to a simmer in the microwave or on stovetop, stir in vanilla.pour over chocolate, amd let sit one minute then stir smooth. Cool to room temperature then refrigerate until very cold, at least 4 hours. This can be done up to 2 days inbadvance..
- Make Shortbread Ccookies.
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment ppaper.
- Whisk together in a bowl flour and salt.
- In another large biwl beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Slowly beat in flour until a dough forms. Press it into a mass with your hands.
- Roll into golf size balls.
- Dip in egg wash.
- Roll in coconut lace on prepared pan, with the back of a wooden spoon or your thumb make an indentation in the center of each cookie. Bake 25 to 33 minutes until set. Using the back of a wooden spoon again make sure each cookie has a good sized well in the center after baking. Be gentle so the cookie does notcrack. Cool completely on rack.
- Finish Mousse and fill cookies.
- Beat cold chocolate cream mixture until light and fluffy.
- Fill each cookie center with mousse. The filling n will remain light and fluffy so store eine layer in the refrigerator.
- These cookies freeze reallybwell, just be sure to freeze first in single layers until completely frozsen before storing in freezer bags and thaw in single layers as well..
Bake the traditional way or shape into individual cookies. A decadent chocolate mousse cake filling can take desserts to that ultimate luxury. A chocolate mousse is a treat in any form right? Custard Cookies aka Custard Shortbread Cookies. Moist Cherry Ice Cream – No Churn. "I've always found chocolate chip cookies to be deeply flawed (to know this about me explains a lot)," she writes "Too sweet, too soft, or with too much (Don't be afraid to make them compact.