The WORST EVER Chocolate Chip Cookies. Great recipe for The WORST EVER Chocolate Chip Cookies. Are they the worst or are they the best cookies in existence? Either way, this easy, soft chocolate chip cookie recipe is insanely addictive.
Some people like a thin, crispy cookie that snaps like a cracker when you bite into it. A bit of cornstarch in the dough ensures these cookies will stay soft and chewy for days, and taste fresh-baked a. These are the cookies I didn't know I needed until I came across the recipe in a Buzzfeed article and knew I had to make them immediately. You can cook The WORST EVER Chocolate Chip Cookies using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of The WORST EVER Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prepare 1 cup of unsalted butter melted and then cooled for at least 5 minu.
- It’s 1 1/2 c of cups light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 c of sugar.
- It’s 2 of eggs room tempature.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/4 c of maple syrup.
- It’s 3 1/4 c of all purpose flour.
- You need 2 teaspoons of cornstarch.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3 cups of chocolate chips.
Oh boy, I wish I'd never discovered this recipe! The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies turn out perfect every single time and don't require any chilling time. These Chocolate Chip Cookies are a traditional cookie that melts in your mouth with every bite. These chocolate chip cookies were very, very good.
The WORST EVER Chocolate Chip Cookies step by step
- In large bowl, stir together melted butter and sugars..
- Add eggs, one at a time, stirring combined..
- Stir in vanilla extract and maple syrup..
- In separate bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt..
- Gradually add flour mixture to wet ingredients, stirring until completely combined..
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Cover bowl with clear wrap and allow to chill for at least 30 minutes (chilling!? I told you, this recipe is the worst.).
- While the dough is chilling, preheat oven to 350F (175C) and prepare cookie sheets by lining with parchment paper..
- Scoop about 2-3 Tbsp of cookie dough and roll into balls, making them slightly taller than they are wide. Place them at least 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet..
- Bake about 13 minutes (cookies will appear to be a bit underdone, but edges should be just beginning to turn golden brown)..
- Allow cookies to cool completely on cookie sheet. If desired, gently press a few chocolate chips on top of the hot cookies..
- Keep unbaked cookie dough in fridge while waiting to put the next batch in the oven, and do not place cookie dough on a hot cookie sheet..
- Recipe notes: *You do not want your butter to be too hot or it may melt the sugar and you'll have a very runny dough. Best practice would be to cut the butter into about Tbsp-sized pieces, microwave in 10-second increments (stirring after each) until it is just completely melted, and then allow it to sit for 5 minutes..
I have been trying chocolate chip cookie recipes forever to find the perfect cookie and this one is very close. They weren't too cake-like and they weren't thin and greasy, they were the perfect in-between cookie. That said, the dough is very thick once you mix all the ingredients together. This is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe ever. No funny ingredients, no chilling time, etc.