Chocolate covered cherry cookies. Great For Lunchboxes, After School, Or On-The-Go. Get A Bite Of Real Chocolate Chips! Little Bites® Cookies Are The Perfect Portion of Happiness.
Press down center of each ball with thumb. Place a cherry in the center of each cookie. In a small saucepan combine the chocolate pieces and sweetened condensed milk; heat until chocolate is melted. You can cook Chocolate covered cherry cookies using 14 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate covered cherry cookies
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp. of vanilla.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of baking cocoa.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of baking soda.
- It’s 48 of maraschino cherries, blotted dry.
- You need of Frosting:.
- Prepare 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sweetened condensed milk.
- Prepare 1-3 tsp. of maraschino cherry juice.
Add egg and vanilla and beat well. Add the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, and baking powder and stir until smooth. Remove to wire rack; cool and serve. Change the number in the box above to adjust serving size.
Chocolate covered cherry cookies step by step
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing between each addition (batter will be very firm). Shape into 48 balls, about 1 inch round, and place on ungreased cookie sheets (I line mine with parchment paper). Push 1 cherry halfway into each ball..
- For frosting, melt chocolate chips and milk in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; add cherry juice and stir until smooth. Spoon 1 tsp. of frosting over each cherry (the frosting will spread over cookie during baking). Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. I put mine in for 12. Cool on wire racks..
Please note that size of cookware and. After this is all mixed up and the cookies are cooled off a bit, spoon the melted chocolate on the cookie, just enough to cover the cherry. Or more if you like your cookies messy. So I found another cookie I like- Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies. Place a cherry in the center indention of each cookie.