Alsi (flax seed) Cookies. Chef Pankaj Bhadouria transforms Haryana's special alsi (flax seed) pinni into a nutritious cookie. Not just these, but flax seeds are also high in dietary fibres, which is essential for a healthy diet. SFT flaxseed (also called linseed) comes from the flax plant (linum usitatissimum ), which belongs to the linaceae plant family.
It helps in improving heart health, brain functioning, lowers cholesterol and gives warmth to the body. flax seeds weight loss by dr naveed Alsi Khaane ka Sahi tareeka or Alsi k faide Alsi seeds with sunflower and pumpkin seeds. You can cook Alsi (flax seed) Cookies using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Alsi (flax seed) Cookies
- It’s 1/2 cup of wheat flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of flax seeds.
- You need 1/2 cup of oil or white butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of curd or buttermilk.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
I adapted this recipe from Averie Cooks recipe for Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies. I have been wanting to make a cookie and pack it full of flax seed since it's so good for you! Flax seeds are a great source of plant-based protein, and there's growing interest in flaxseed protein and its health benefits. Flaxseed protein is rich in the amino acids arginine, aspartic acid.
Alsi (flax seed) Cookies instructions
- Saute lightly, the flax seed on low heat, till aroma comes. Bring down and grind in a jar to powder of the alsi (flax seeds). Keep aside..
- Make the baking tray ready with butter paper to bake the cookies..
- In a bowl, add whole wheat flour, baking powder and cinnamon powder and mix it well..
- In another bowl, add olive oil, brown sugar powder, curd. Mix it well..
- Roll out the dough using flour. Add the cookies and bake it in 180℃ for 10 -12 minutes..
- Flax seed cookies are ready. Keep for cool down and they will be crispy and flavourful. Enjoy with your tea/coffee. Thanks.
Alsi Seeds, also known as Flax seeds, are beneficial in cardiac disorders, digestive diseases, cancer and diabetes. Alsi (flax) seeds are one of the world's renowned super foods. These seeds are very nutritious and helping in a several health conditions. These cookies come from my godmother. Rolled oats, wheat germ, a variety of seeds including sunflower, flax, and sesame seeds, plus chocolate chips, honey, and brown sugar make a crunchy, energy-packed bar that's perfect as a take-along snack on the ski slope.