Grandma Overby's Orange Cookies.
You can cook Grandma Overby's Orange Cookies using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grandma Overby's Orange Cookies
- You need 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shortening.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- You need 4 cups of AP flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare of Juice from 3 oranges (about 1 cup).
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of powdered sugar.
Grandma Overby's Orange Cookies step by step
- Cream together sugar, shortening, butter (melted) and eggs in a large bowl..
- Add in flour, baking soda, baking powder, buttermilk, and juice from 2 of the oranges. Sometimes I substitute orange juice instead of squeezed. Try 2/3 cup if you do. Mix well. The batter will be similar to heavy pancake batter..
- Pre-heat oven to 365°F. Spoon out a large spoon of batter onto an ungreased cookie sheet. You can also transfer the batter to a measuring cup and pour them onto the tray..
- Bake until edges are brown and centers spring back when touched..
- FROSTING: mix juice from 1 of the squeezed oranges (1/2 cup oj) with powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon melted butter. Then zest the entire skin of an orange into the mixture and mix..
- Frost while still warm..