Soft Ginger Cookies.
You can have Soft Ginger Cookies using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Soft Ginger Cookies
- Prepare 2 1/4 Cups of Plain AP Flour.
- You need 2 Tsp of Ground Ginger.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Ground Ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp of Ground Cloves.
- You need 1/4 Tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Baking Powder.
- You need 3/4 Cup of Unsalted Butter (soft).
- It’s 1 Cup of White Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Soft Brown Sugar.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Black treacle (Can use Molasses).
- It’s 1 of Large Egg.
- You need 1 Tbls of Cold Water.
- You need 3-4 Tbls of Sugar for Coating.
Soft Ginger Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 140 degrees C. Sift together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt..
- In a large bowl, cream together the Butter and Both sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then stir in the water and treacle. Gradually stir the sifted ingredients into the molasses mixture. Shape dough into small sized balls – About 1.5 Tsps full. Roll them in the remaining sugar. Place the cookies 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet, and flatten slightly..
- Bake for 8 minutes in the preheated oven. Then Turn around the tray and bake for another 4 mins until nice and brown. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely..