Pizza shortbread. Be the first to review this recipe. Who says shortbread has to be sweet and only available at Christmas? Brown Sugar Shortbread Pizza Cookie: Prepare as directed, except substitute packed brown sugar for the granulated sugar.
It's sure to be a new favorite! Love this recipe, simple and divine. I have used in a Nordic ware shortbread pan and used it to roll and cut cookies. You can cook Pizza shortbread using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pizza shortbread
- It’s 2 cups of or 500 ml all purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of margarine or 250 ml (you can also use butter).
- You need of l1/2 cup or 125 ml grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need 2 tbsp of or 30 ml finely chopped pimiento.
- You need 1 tsp of or 5 ml dried oregano.
- Prepare 1 ml of salt.
- It’s Pinch of garlic.
- You need 1 ml of pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of or 1 ml dried sweet basil.
- It’s of Optional.
- Prepare of Paprika sprinkle.
This Scottish shortbread recipe is simple and delicious. If you're having the family over for afternoon tea, this biscuit recipe is perfect. Scottish shortbread is a biscuit to really sink your teeth into. For the best shortbread, it's all about simplicity in ingredients and closely following each step.
Pizza shortbread step by step
- Combine all ingredients except paprika (flour, butter, cheese, pimiento,oregano, and basil etc) in medium bowl.
- Shape into 2 rolls about 11/2” (3.8cm) in diameter. Cut into 1/4 “ (6mm) slices. I had to use measuring tape and I used Saran Wrap to roll the dough – it was just easier..
- Arrange on ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with paprika. I did not use paprika because my husband has allergies to some types and it causes him to have an upset tummy..
- Bake at 375 f (190 c) oven for about 10 mins. Makes about 46 shortbread cookies.
Mix the flour and salt in a bowl. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface and cut out the shapes that you want. Jump to Recipe Jump to Video. All shortbread pans come in an attractive gift box with a booklet of detailed instructions and six delicious recipes. Bake the shortbread in the pan then turn out the decorative treat.