Short Bread Spritz Cookies. Side by side their ingredient lists are nearly identical in contents. I'll show you how to make some delicious holiday shortbread spritz cookies. These are one of my favourite Christmas cookies I have been making for many.
Scottish in origin, this rich, tender and crumbly straw colored biscuit (cookie) was once only served during Christmas and New Year's Eve. I will admit, Spritz Cookies have never been a first choice cookie for me. It will also work with other cookie presses if the dough is refrigerated first. You can have Short Bread Spritz Cookies using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Short Bread Spritz Cookies
- You need 1 cup of butter, softened.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 6 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of flour.
I found this recipe through Google searches at www.christmas-cookies.com. Creative mix-ins or decorations will make each batch of spritz cookies one that's uniquely your own. Drizzle with melted chocolate, mix in chopped nuts or dried fruit, sprinkle with. These gluten free whipped shortbread cookies are light as air and melt in your mouth.
Short Bread Spritz Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter, vanilla & powdered sugar on medium until mixed..
- Add in cornstarch, flour, and salt. Beat just until combined..
- Place dough into cookie press and press onto an ungreased pan. Add sprinkles or colored sugar if desired..
- Bake 9-11 minutes or just until done. Immediately transfer to a wire rack to cool. If you don't have a cookie press, you can make small balls about 3/4" and press flat with fork. You can also use a pastry bag and a piping tip and make little circles or squares..
The dough is easy to make using. This spritz cookie recipe is a tried and true family recipe. Give these yummy shortbread cookies a try. This recipe works great for any cookie press. Shortbread cookies are actually very simple to make and require ingredients you likely The texture and flavor are different as spritz cookies generally contain an egg while.