Vegan Breakfast Nut Bars. Protein-Packed, Low Carb, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free. Great recipe for Vegan Breakfast Nut Bars. This recipe is packed full of both quick and sustained energy for a convenient grab and go breakfast or pick me up snack.
With lots of nuts, dried fruit, chia seeds, and gluten free steel cut oats (which I hear are infinitely better than regular cut oats), these vegan fruit and nut bars are packed full of vitamins and nutrients. Now that's a winner if you ask me. Vegan Breakfast Nut Bars step by step. You can cook Vegan Breakfast Nut Bars using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Breakfast Nut Bars
- Prepare of Dry Ingredients.
- You need 3 cups of mixed chopped nuts and seeds.
- It’s 1 cup of mixed dried fruits.
- Prepare 1 cup of dried coconut.
- You need 1 cup of whole oats.
- You need 1/4 cup of linseeds or 1/4 cup linseed flour.
- Prepare of Wet Ingredients.
- It’s 1/5 cup of chia mixed with 1/2 cup water.
- It’s 1/2 cup of maple syrup or 10 soaked dates(optional if prefer sweet).
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon, 1 tsp vanilla essence.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of peanut butter.
- It’s 1/3 cup of coconut oil.
Combine chia with water and let sit to form gel. Combine with sweetener (if using), cinnamon, vanilla essence, and chia mix. Mix wet ingredients thoroughly through dry ingredients. Eat the breakfast bars as they are, or serve them with a dollop of unsweetened vegan coconut yogurt on the top.
Vegan Breakfast Nut Bars instructions
- Mix dry ingredients in bowl..
- Combine chia with water and let sit to form gel.
- Melt peanut butter and coconut oil together. Combine with sweetener (if using), cinnamon, vanilla essence, and chia mix..
- Mix wet ingredients thoroughly through dry ingredients..
- Press into tray greased with olive oil or lined with baking paper as you prefer..
- Cover with baking paper or a beeswax wrap and place in freezer for 30 min to 1 hour..
- Turn out onto board and slice into bars/squares (can also shape into balls/logs if crumbly).
- Store in freezer.
The tartness of the yogurt works really well with the soft bars and makes them feel and look even more like dessert! These banana bars are the perfect healthy breakfast for on the go or even as a well balanced snack. It's okay to give yourself a break. This is something I've been reminded of over and over again since the beginning of the year. They are perfect for quick grab and go breakfasts and are completely eggless and without flour, making them perfect for those following a vegan diet.