Lemon Poppyseed Sugar Cookies. In large bowl, crumble cookie dough. Add lemon peel and poppy seed; mix well. Lemon Poppy Seed Sugar Cookies are amazing for spring and summer.
Make them for Mother's Day, backyard barbecues, or even a picnic. While developing a sugar cookie recipe for chewy cookies with big vanilla flavor, we determined a few things: Using just one whole egg gave us the chew we wanted, a healthy dose of vanilla delivered good flavor, and light. Sharing another flavorful twist on my cut sugar cookie – lemon poppy seed! You can have Lemon Poppyseed Sugar Cookies using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lemon Poppyseed Sugar Cookies
- It’s 1 cup of butter (softened).
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of flour.
- You need 1 cup of + 1 tbs sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 tbs of cream (or milk).
- You need of Zest of 1 lemon.
- You need of Juice of 1 lemon.
- Prepare 2 tbs of poppyseed.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
They're definitely my new favorite cookie to snack on. Loving the lemony flavor and the textured crunch of the poppy seeds. They hold their shape well and the added poppy seed visual was nice I thought, especially for these cactus cookies. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and poppy seeds.
Lemon Poppyseed Sugar Cookies step by step
- Cream together butter, sugar and vanilla. About 2-3 min.
- In a separate bowl, add your dry ingredients.
- Add in your egg, lemon juice, zest and cream..
- Add in your dry ingredients gradually until everything well combined..
- Stir in your poppyseeds with a spatula or wooden spoon..
- Form the dough into 2 logs. Place in freezer to harden..
- Slice cookies about 1/4 inch thick, place on parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 350°F for 10-12 min or until lightly golden around edges..
Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Tips for Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies: Bake these cookies on a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat to prevent sticking. Paleo Lemon Poppyseed Cookies Gorgeous paleo lemon poppyseed cookies made with a mix of nutritious coconut flour and almond flour then topped with an easy, sweet & zesty lemon glaze. The perfect healthy spring treat that's gluten, grain, dairy free and easily vegan! Whisk the flour, poppy seeds, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.