Dandelion Shortbread Cookies. Shortbread is rather plain on its own, but it's also adaptable, and adding edible flowers is a lovely way to add a bit of. Do you have dandelions in your yard? Let's make these incredible shortbread cookies! **MAKE SURE to pick dandelions from an area that has NOT BEEN SPRAYED.
There's no shortage of shortbread here! These were so easy to make and yet turned out fabulous. It's great when such simple ingredients come together to create something so delicious! You can cook Dandelion Shortbread Cookies using 5 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Dandelion Shortbread Cookies
- You need 1/2 c (2 sticks) of butter softened.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4-1 cup of dandelion petals (just yellow).
- Prepare 2 1/2 c of AP flour.
- It’s Splash of milk.
Shortbread cookies for a spring or summer day! Dandelions are a fun and unique addition to cookies and are a perfect introduction for for. Lemon Shortbread Cookies with bits of white chocolate, topped with lemon curd are delicious and refreshing summer treat. Our homemade mini pressed flower shortbread cookies are adorable and taste amazing!
Dandelion Shortbread Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 325. Mix butter & sugar with a mixer until fluffy (about 3 min). Add dandelion petals & beat to incorporate. (Add as many or as little as you feel comfortable)..
- Gradually add flour, beat to incorporate. Add splash of milk, beat another minute if desired. Knead dough with hands to really mix. Now choose: 1.) Roll out dough & use a cookie cutter or 2.) Roll dough into a ball and dip in white sugar. *I did 2* Bake 20-25 minutes, until bottom is golden brown. Take out & let cool. Remember shortbread is not a sweet cookie, best served with milk, tea or coffee..