Lemon Squares. Our deliciously tangy Lemon Squares are extra creamy. A Delicious Snack Bar You Can Feel Good About Eating. Try Fiber One Brownie Bars Today!
These lemon squares are a delightful recipe from my mother's file. I've been serving it for many years. This lemon bar recipe has a wonderful tangy flavor, and they're always a hit. You can cook Lemon Squares using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lemon Squares
- It’s 2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of icing sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 4 of eggs beaten.
- Prepare 2 cups of white sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 4 tsp of flour.
- It’s 5 Tbsp of fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- Prepare of Rind of 1 whole lemon; prepare with lemon zester.
- It’s of Icing sugar for topping.
I love lemon bars, but they often fall by the wayside and get forgotten for months at a time in our house. We're much more of a chocolate chip cookie/chocolate pie/chocolate sheet cake/chocolate ice cream/chocolate potato chip/chocolate everything household, followed by fruit cobblers and crisps…so I sometimes have to remember to bring lemon bars back into the forefront from time to time. Lemon squares combine the wonderful flavor of freshly squeezed lemon juice with just a few staples such as sugar, flour, eggs, and milk in this simple Lemon Squares dessert. But not only the ingredients are simple—the recipe is too.
Lemon Squares step by step
- Cream the flour, butter, icing sugar and salt together until crumbly. Pat down gently into 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake until lightly tan/brown – 20 minutes at 325 degrees..
- Combine all remaining ingredients (except icing sugar for topping) and pour over hot crust. Bake 35 more minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with sifted icing sugar for topping. Let cool. Cut with a wet knife..
- Serve and enjoy!.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, granulated sugar, lemon juice, baking powder and remaining flour. Using a small, fine meshed sieve, sift remaining confectioners' sugar on top when cool. For the filling, whisk together the eggs, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and flour. I made the lemon squares yesterday for our weekly family dinner. One of my family members celebrated her birthday yesterday, and she loves lemon pie.