Date oatmeal cookie. These chewy oatmeal cookies get warm, complex flavor from cardamom and caramelly Medjool dates. They won't spread much and aren't completely even in shape, which adds to their rustic appeal. This delicious recipe for oatmeal cookies with date filling will have everyone in your house reaching for the cookie jar.
These tasty date oatmeal cookies use the natural sweetness of the dates rather than any added sugar to make a relatively healthy, easy and delicious treat. Stir in the oatmeal and dates. Drop by teaspoons onto a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray. You can cook Date oatmeal cookie using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Date oatmeal cookie
- You need 10 oz of pitted date.
- It’s 2 cups of quick cook oats flour.
- Prepare 8 tablespoon of butter.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of ground cardamom.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of milk powder.
- You need 2 tablespoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Mahleb ground.
- You need 1 teaspoon of fennel.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of yeast.
- It’s 1/2 cup of warm milk +3 teaspoon.
This recipe came from the Hartman Estate Sale. An oatmeal raisin cookie is a type of drop cookie distinguished by an oatmeal-based dough with raisins mixed throughout. My recipe for Oatmeal-Date-Chocolate Cookies gives you the cholesterol-lowering benefits of oats and fiber-packed dates. A combination of flavor and texture makes these cookies the perfect addition to your morning coffee.
Date oatmeal cookie step by step
- Over medium heat with 4 tablespoon of the butter add the date and smash till you get paste add 1 tablespoon cardamom and cinnamon let it cool.
- Roll it to thin paper using sprayed film.
- Mix all the dry ingredients mix with 4 tablespoon cold butter look like sand and start adding the warm milk the last 3 spoons mix one at time.
- The dough will be not hard and not sticky spray it and let rest for half hour.
- Roll the dough paper thin then add on top the date and start rolling like cinnamon roll and start cutting I used knife but use floss for sharp cut.
- About inch some shape I used a cookie cutter then brush with milk please lay it on top paper parchment so it will not burn the bottom.
- At reheated oven 350 f for 15 to 20 minutes keep watching the bottom of the cookie enjoy 😉.
Oatmeal Date Cookies that are chewy and soft in the center but crispy on the edges! These really are the perfect oatmeal cookie filled with chewy dates and crunchy pecans. The perfect on-the-go breakfast or after-school snack! Cookies for breakfast are a thing and my Healthy Banana Date Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies are a fantastic start to your day! As much as I love a crazy decadent breakfast like my Strawberry Nutella.