Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookies. These Yummy Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies Are Made With Real Chocolate. Combine the whole wheat flour and baking powder; stir into the batter until blended. Finally a peanut cookie with no trans fat!
This whole wheat cookies recipe makes cookies a little healthier. The honey is a more natural sugar and gives the cookie a nice moist texture. It puffs up when baked and has a nice cake-like-ness to it. You can cook Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookies using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookies
- You need 1 cup of peanut butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of maple syrup.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of packed brown sugar.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cups of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
Now, I almost exclusively use whole wheat pasta unless I'm making a recipe for a special occasion. I rarely find myself missing white flour bread products. Add sugars mixing until light and fluffy. Add egg and dry ingredients and mix well.
Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookies step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350F..
- Soften the butter by microwaving it for 30 seconds..
- In a large bowl, mix together peanut butter, butter, maple syrup, brown sugar, and egg until completely smooth. Stir in the baking powder. Next add the whole wheat flour and mix until totally blended. If the dough ends up being too soft to work with, refrigerate for an hour..
- Roll dough into palm size patties and place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Flatten slightly with a fork..
- Bake for 20 minutes..
Drop by tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet. Press down with the tines of a fork. Cool on rack and store in an airtight container. On low speed, beat in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. They are crunchy and chewy and creamy and warm and good.