Lemon Bars. Try our creamy, dreamy Lemon Squares recipe today. Vegan, Gluten & Dairy Free Made w/ Only Real Lemon, Cashews, Almonds & Dates. Excellent, everything a true lemon bar should be.
This lemon bar recipe has a wonderful tangy flavor, and they're always a hit. The color and shape make them a nice addition to a platter of cookies. —Etta Soucy, Mesa, Arizona I love lemon bars, but they often fall by the wayside and get forgotten for months at a time in our house. We're much more of a chocolate chip cookie/chocolate pie/chocolate sheet cake/chocolate ice cream/chocolate potato chip/chocolate everything household, followed by fruit cobblers and crisps…so I sometimes have to remember to bring lemon bars back into the forefront from time to time. You can cook Lemon Bars using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lemon Bars
- You need of Crust.
- Prepare 1 cup of unsalted butter (softened).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s of Custard.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of white sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need of Toppings.
- It’s of Powdered sugar.
The Contessa's easy-to-make lemon bars make a great dessert for a picnic. Citrus zest is a great flavor booster. Sugar: Sugar sweetens the crust and lemon curd filling layers. Not only this, it works with the eggs to set up the lemon filling.
Lemon Bars instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine ingredients for the crust (softened butter, 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup sugar and salt)..
- Press the dough in an ungreased 9×13 inch pan. Use a fork to poke holes in the dough..
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes until firm and golden..
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, lemon juice, and white sugar. Then add the flour..
- Take the crust out of the oven and let it cool for a few minutes..
- Pour the custard mixture in the baked crust and put it back in the oven for 15 mins..
- Let the lemon bars cool to room temperature..
- Cut the lemon bars into squares then sprinkle powdered sugar on top..
If reduced, the filling will be too wet. I craved lemon bars my entire pregnancy and the day i finally made this recipe.i went into labor! Im not saying these bars are magic, but im not saying these bars arent magic either. Either way they are the best lemon bars i have ever tasted and i was thrilled to have some left when i came home from the hospital. Lemon bars aren't inherently difficult to make, but they do require some time.