Basundi (Indian dessert). Basundi is very popular milk based Maharashtrian Dessert. This is prepared by boiling the milk till the time it reduces its half and this takes long time. Basundi recipe with video & step by step photos.
Basundi is sweet thickened milk, flavored with cardamom and nutmeg, with the addition of dry fruits. This milk based delicious dessert is popular in the western part. western and south indian states. basundi recipe how to make finally, i request you to check my other indian dessert recipes collection with this recipe post of milk basundi sweet. it includes recipes. You can cook Basundi (Indian dessert) using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Basundi (Indian dessert)
- It’s 3.5 cup of milk.
- It’s 2.5 tbsp of sweetened condensed milk.
- It’s 4-5 of green cardamom powder.
- It’s 8-10 of almond chopped.
- You need 7-8 of cashews chopped.
- You need 7-8 of pistachio chopped.
- It’s 5-6 of saffron strands.
- Prepare Pinch of nutmeg powder (jaiphal powder).
In a heavy bottomed kadai, take the milk and boil till it reduces to half. Basundi Indian dessert recipe is easy to prepare but needs some patience to make. It is a popular Indian milk dessert in Maharashtrian and Gujarati recipes. I love milk based desserts and basundi.
Basundi (Indian dessert) instructions
- Take a heavy bottomed pan or kadai heat on add milk and sweetened condensed milk stir and mix well..
- Heat this mixture on a low flame and bring to a gentle boil. Add saffron strands mix well..
- Keep on stirring so that the mixture does not Browned or burnt from bottom..
- The basundi mixture would begin to thicken scrape the milk from the sides of kadai and mix in the mixture..
- Add nutmeg powder, cardamom powder, chopped dry fruits..
- Stir and simmer basundi for a minute. Heat off..
- Serve hot, warm or chilled..
Basundi is an Indian sweet especially popular in Western Indian states of Gujarat and In North India, a similar dish goes by the name rabri. It is often made on Hindu festivals such as Kali Chaudas. Take heavy based or non-stick deep pan and pour milk in it. Bring it to boil over medium flame. Basundi Recipe a traditional Indian Dessert made during festivals!