Japanese Cheesecake. Perfect Japanese Cheesecake / cotton cheesecake recipe for a pillowy soft, light-as-air & heavenly cheesecake, no crack top & straight side. Japanese Cheesecake is very popular outside of Japan. Japanese cheesecake has the lowest calories of all cheesecake.
This Japanese Cheesecake is the most requested Japanese recipe on Nagi's post 'Request A Recipe!'. It's light, fluffy, moist and less sweet than any other cheesecakes. Japanese cheesecake is pillowy soft, with cottony texture and soufflé like crumbs. You can have Japanese Cheesecake using 11 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Japanese Cheesecake
- Prepare 250 gm of creamcheese at room temperature.
- You need 6 of egg whites.
- It’s 6 of egg yolks.
- It’s 2/3 cup of sugar.
- It’s 100 ml of milk.
- It’s 50 gm of soft butter.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 60 gm of all purpose flour.
- You need 2.5 tbsp of corn flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
When it is fresh from the oven, the cake is so soft that it jiggles like soufflé! That is why is called soufflé cheesecake in. Well, Japanese Cheesecake is a cross between the more traditional dense cream cheese cheesecakes (like a New York Cheesecake) and a chiffon or sponge cake. Is there a dessert more mesmerizing than a Japanese cheesecake?
Japanese Cheesecake instructions
- Line cake tin with parchment paper.
- Cover baking tin with foil twice. Cake tin should have 2 coatings of foil.
- Sieve flour and salt. Keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add creamcheese, butter and milk.
- Using Double boiler method, melt and whisk the mixture well.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Add vanilla extract and whisk.
- Add egg yolks and whisk well.
- Add lime juice and mix well.
- Slowly add dry ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites until foamy.
- Add sugar and whip until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add egg whites to batter and whisk.
- Pour batter into prepared cake tin and tap gently.
- Place cake tin on baking tray filled with hot water.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes in preheated oven at 170 deg until top is golden brown.
- Leave cheesecake in oven for 20-30 minutes with oven door slightly open.
- Now remove foils and parchment paper. Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Demould and transfer to serving plate. Refrigerate for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Cut and serve.
This bouncy confection, also known as a Japanese cotton cake, is astonishingly light and — when cooked and cooled. This Japanese version of the crowd-pleasing dessert combines cheesecake flavor with a souffle-like, cakey texture that jiggles like jelly but tastes fresh and airy. Рецепт дня. «Японский хлопковый чизкейк» (Cotton Cheesecake). Cotton Cheesecake / Japanese Cheesecake is the perfect combination of sponge cake and cheesecake. This easy recipe with video has lots of tips and tricks. Japanese cheesecake is one of those Japanese desserts everyone loves.