Gulkand Cookies. It is unique and amazing Rose petal filled cookies recipe. Do make these Gulkand cookies and enjoy it with tea. It is tasty, healthy and unique.
Have homemade gulkand regularly © Shutterstock. Many of us eat gulkand when we eat the paan or betel nut leaf. It forms an important constituent of this popular mouth freshener that we eat after meals. You can have Gulkand Cookies using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Gulkand Cookies
- Prepare 1 cup of Maida.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of minus.
- It’s 2tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Gulkand.
- It’s 1 tsp of Rose essence.
- It’s 1 tsp of Pink food colour.
- You need 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- You need as needed of Milk to make dough.
Gulkand (also written gulqand or gulkhand) is a sweet preserve of rose petals from the India and Pakistan. It is prepared using special pink rose petals and is mixed with sugar. Gulkand is a ancient Indian preparation that has been used in Paan – the traditional Indian digestive and mouth freshener. Thus, Gulkand is a sweet preserve made of rose petals.
Gulkand Cookies instructions
- Sieve maida, sugar and baking powder.
- Beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add this to butter and sugar mix.
- Add essence, colour and gulkand and knead dough using milk.
- Make small balls of the dough and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 25 mins.
Whenever Mother made these cookies, there never seemed to be enough! Even now when I make them, they disappear quickly. These melt-in-your mouth treats are great with a. These traditional Dutch speculaas cookies winter-spiced cookies are traditionally enjoyed as a sinterklaas treat, but they're great any time of year. You might know them as windmill cookies or by.