Ghee residue barfi or squares. We get is from Ghee making process. Barfi or burfi is a basic fudge from Indian cuisine that is made using full fat milk, sugar and ghee. Traditionally it was made by condensing milk for several hours, later sweetened and cooked until a thick consistency was reached.
A person who is allergic to dairy products or gluten, need not be allergic to ghee. In tray greased with ghee, spread the paneer barfi mixture evenly. Now layer chopped pistachios and cashews on the barfi. You can cook Ghee residue barfi or squares using 11 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ghee residue barfi or squares
- You need 1 cup of ghee residue.
- It’s 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of roasted wheat flour.
- It’s 11/2 tbsp of dessicated coconut.
- You need 1 tbsp of roasted til /sesame seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of roasted peanuts chopped finely.
- You need 1 tsp of roasted cashewnuts chopped finely.
- It’s 1 tbsp of raisins.
- It’s 1/4th tsp of elaichi powder.
- It’s 4 of almonds chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of milk.
Press the dry fruits with your fingers lightly on the barfi. Let the paneer barfi cool and then slice them into small squares. You can serve them or refrigerate them. The secret of this besan barfi with ghee success lies in the proportions of ingredients and the smart methods of cooking them.
Ghee residue barfi or squares instructions
- Grind ghee residue in a mixer.Also powder sugar.Roast wheat flour in a nonstick pan.Add the powdered sugar and ghee residue. Also add roasted til and toss.If the mixture feels dry add little milk.Add dessicated coconut or scraped fresh coconut and toss.Add chopped nuts and raisins.Sprinkle powdered elaichi or cardamom.Toss the mixture and spread it in a greased plate.Allow it to set for sometime.Then cut into squares and store..
If the besan is not roasted. Heat a fry pan/karai without any ghee and When cooled, cut with sharp knife in square or diamond shapes. Cut the cherries in thin pieces and decorate the barfies by pressing one or two. same barfi recipe with the same quantity of sugar too. you may need to attain one string consistency before attempting with sugar. lastly, you can make the same barfi recipe with your choice of flour. my personal recommendations would be to use maida, ragi or combination of wheat and plain flour. Once hot add the ground nut powder. Cut into squares or any shape you like and your delicious Pista Badam Burfi is ready to serve!