Kesar Dry Fruits Malai Kulfi. In my videos i cook easy and tasty recepies which is healthy at the same time. Dry Fruit Kesar Kulfi, no Indian meal is complete without a serving of Indian ice-cream – the kulfi! Kulfi holds a special place in Mughal cooking.
I have also added dry fruits, but you can skip them. Serve malai kulfi as a dessert after meals. You can also add malai kulfi to prepare falooda. You can have Kesar Dry Fruits Malai Kulfi using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kesar Dry Fruits Malai Kulfi
- It’s 1 ltr of Milk (Full cream milk).
- Prepare 3 of Bread slices (white bread).
- You need 1/4 tsp of Green cardamom powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Jaiphal (nutmeg) powder.
- You need 1/4 cup or less of Cashew, Pista, Badam finely chopped.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Kesar/ saffron.
- You need 1/2 cup of Sugar (measuring cup).
About Kesar Kulfi Recipe: Kulfi is one of the most loved summer dessert from Indian cuisine and is also popular in the neighbouring countries as well. It is similar to an Ice cream but is denser and not light in texture. It is made by evaporating milk and sweetened with sugar. Simply divine is this Dry Fruit Kulfi!
Kesar Dry Fruits Malai Kulfi instructions
- Boil 1 litre full cream milk.You take a thick bottom pan or kadai..
- Cut and remove the outer brown layer of the bread.Grind the bread and little dry fruits in a mixer. In the picture you can see the bread crumps after grinding.Keep it aside..
- Chop the dry fruits and keep it aside.Soak the saffron in little warm milk..
- Now after first boil reduce the flame and allow milk to boil for another 5 to 8 minutes.Add soaked saffron/ kesar in it..
- Now add grinded bread in the milk.Mix well by stirring so that no lumps are formed.Boil milk on very low flame.Add cardamom and jaiphal powder to it.Add sugar to it..
- Keep stirring and remove the malai formed on the corners and mix it in the boiling milk.With this step the whole malai or cream gets mixed well and taste enhances..
- Do this till the milk gets thicker.Then remove from flame and allow it to cool.Add chopped dry fruits and mix.When it comes to room temperature you can transfer it to kulfi moulds..
- Just pour little water in the kulfi moulds and remove it leave. Only few drops of water should be in it.Now pour the kulfi mixture into the moulds.I had mud tumbler.So to taste matka kulfi,I filled kulfi mix in it.Wrap it with silver foil and put rubber band to it..
- With the help of knife put a slit in the centre of foil and place a stick..
- Cover the kulfi moulds with it's lid and place these kulfi moulds and matka glass kulfi in the freezer.Freeze it for about 7 to 8 hours..
- After 7 to8 hours remove the kulfi moulds out of freezer.Place it in a vessel filled with water for few seconds.This will help to loosen the kulfi. Remove the foil and slowly pull the stick to remove the kulfi.For the kulfi placed in mould slightly pierce a stick in the mould and then slowly remove the kulfi..
- Enjoy the delicious Kesar Dry Fruits Malai Kulfi..
I have tried Almond (Badam) Kulfi and Saffron (kesar) kulfi. In Mumbai you get lot of kulfis like Malai Kulfi, Badam Kulfi, Dry Fruit Kulfi, Mango Kulfi, Chickoo Kulfi, Strawberry Kulfi. In a wide pan heat full fat milk. Let the milk simmer and stir occasionally so that it does not stick to the bottom of pan. Heat milk in a wide bottomed pan and bring to a boil.