Dal and Moringa leaves short bread cookies. This video shows how to make a delicious dal or kootu using Moringa or drumstick leaves. This is today known as a superfood and is a storehouse of nutrients. Shortbread Cookies filled with White Chocolate & Raspberries.
I did change a few things in the recipe; I. This recipe for moringa leaves in dal can be prepared with any of the other lentils such as moong dal, masoor dal or chana dal. Adding any green leafy vegetables to your dal allows you to add more greens to your diet and adds the nutrition value of an everyday food like. You can cook Dal and Moringa leaves short bread cookies using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dal and Moringa leaves short bread cookies
- It’s 1/2 cup of Bengal gram dal powdered.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Chick pea flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of Wheat flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of Almond flour.
- It’s 1 cup of tender moringa leaves.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Jaggery powder.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of flax powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of fennel powder.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of Baking powder.
- You need few spoons of Water or milk.
Homemade shortbread is a cinch to master and makes a wonderful counterpart to soft summer fruit. Andrew Scrivani for The New York Times. Dairy-free shortbread cookies will keep at room temperature in an airtight container for up to three weeks. Pack the shortbread cookie dough very tightly to ensure a more tender cookie.
Dal and Moringa leaves short bread cookies step by step
- Preheat oven @160℃. Wash the tender leaves 2-3 times before using. Also destem them. As the leaves that I brought were very small so I did not chop them and added directly..
- Whisk together oil and jaggery till well mixed.
- In a mixing bowl add all the flours, baking powder, flax powder and whisk. Also add in the leaves and mix well..
- To dry mixture dd the oil and jaggery mixture and combine to form a dough..
- Sprinkle water or milk if the dough is very dry..
- Roll the dough on a floured surface and cut in desired shape..
- Arrange on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes..
- Cool and store in airtight containers and enjoy these lightly sweet and delicious dal cookies any time if the day..
The dough can be refrigerated for up to a week and frozen for up to six weeks in. The Best Healthy Shortbread Cookies Recipes on Yummly Healthy Shortbread Cookies, Healthy Homemade Fudge Striped Shortbread Cookies, Healthy Pecan Sandie Shortbread Cookies. Shortbread Cookies Recipe – Easy Eggless Vanilla Cookies. You can have this as a basic cookie recipe and have many variations.