Malai Kulfi. What makes my malai kulfi so delicious? The addition of heavy cream, khoya (dried milk solids) and The kulfi would come out easily. You may insert a popsicle stick in.
In a wide pan heat full fat milk. Let the milk simmer and stir occasionally so that it does not stick to the bottom of pan. Malai Kulfi is a delicious ice cream that everyone relishes during the Summer season. You can cook Malai Kulfi using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Malai Kulfi
- You need 1 liter of whole milk.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of crumbled khoya, also known as dried milk solids.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of dried milk powder, optional.
- You need 2 tablespoons of finely chopped nuts, I used mix of cashews, almonds and pistachios.
- Prepare 5 tablespoons of sugar, or adjust to taste.
- It’s 6-7 of green cardamom pods, skin removed & crushed.
It is popularly found at beaches in India. Of the many varieties of kulfi, this traditional Malai Kulfi stands out with an extra rich and intense flavour and creaminess, all thanks to the slow but Malai Kulfi recipe – How to make Malai Kulfi. Malai Kulfi Recipe – It is an Indian frozen dessert made from whole milk, heavy cream, khoya and sugar. It is flavored with cardamom powder and chopped nuts.
Malai Kulfi instructions
- To a heavy bottom pan, add whole milk on medium-high heat. After around 5 minutes when it warms a little, add heavy cream to it. Let the mixture come to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium..
- Let the milk simmer on medium heat for around 30 minutes, keep stirring it in between, you don't want the milk to get stuck to the bottom of the pan..
- After about 30 minutes, the milk will look quite thick, at this point add crumbled khoya and mix. Keep mixing this the khoya dissolves, this will take 5-7 minutes..
- Once the khoya dissolves, add the sugar and mix till the sugar dissolves.Then add the crushed nuts. I crushed these using my mortar and pestle and I suggest you do the same. The coarsely chopped nuts give the kulfi a lot of texture..
- Add milk powder (if using) and mix. Simmer for 5 more minutes. In all I cooked the milk for around 50 minutes, it should get really thick by the end of it and it will continue to thicken as it cools down..
- Remove pan from hear and cardamom powder and mix.Let the mixture cool down completely..
- Once the milk has cooled down completely, pour into kulfi molds or any other container of your choice. Cover and freeze till completely set, around 6-8 hours..
- Once frozen, place the kulfi mold under warm running water for 30-45 seconds and then tap the mold on the plate. The kulfi would come out easily. Enjoy the delicious malai kulfi!.
Kulfi is best described as Indian-style ice cream. However, unlike ice cream, kulfi is not churned. This is a fantastic summer dessert. This is a quick and easy version of kulfi with pistachios. Heat milk in a wide bottomed pan and bring to a boil.