Malai kulfi. What makes my malai kulfi so delicious? The addition of heavy cream, khoya (dried milk solids) and The kulfi would come out easily. You may insert a popsicle stick in.
In a wide pan heat full fat milk. Let the milk simmer and stir occasionally so that it does not stick to the bottom of pan. Malai Kulfi is a delicious ice cream that everyone relishes during the Summer season. You can have Malai kulfi using 4 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Malai kulfi
- It’s 1 liter of full fat milk.
- You need 1/3 cup of sugar (as taste).
- Prepare 1 tsp of cardamom powder.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of roughly chopped dry fruits.
It is popularly found at beaches in India. Of the many varieties of kulfi, this traditional Malai Kulfi stands out with an extra rich and intense flavour and creaminess, all thanks to the slow but Malai Kulfi recipe – How to make Malai Kulfi. Kulfi is best described as Indian-style ice cream. However, unlike ice cream, kulfi is not churned.
Malai kulfi instructions
- Firstly take 1 litre full fat milk in a large and heavy pan.
- Continue to cook milk on low flame till it reduces to ⅓ of its original volume.
- Keep on stirring and remove the clotted cream (malai) which forms on top of the milk and add it back to the milk..
- Keep the flame to a low and add ⅓ cup sugar.,Stir so that the sugar dissolves..
- Then add cardamom powder and dry fruits.
- When the kulfi mixture comes to a boil then switch off the stove.
- Keep a mixture cool at room temperature..
- Pour the malai kulfi mixture in kulfi moulds, freeze malai kulfi for 7 to 8 hours.
- Demould kulfi and enjoy.
This is a fantastic summer dessert. This is a quick and easy version of kulfi with pistachios. Malai kulfi has a much lesser calorie content than vanilla ice cream. Having a high amount of milk, kulfi is a great source of carbohydrates and calcium. There is no artificial coloring and it is low in sodium too.