Naan Khatai Cookies. Nankhatai is a popular sweet cookie cum snack recipe which is equally liked by kids as well as elders. Eggless Indian Shortbread Cookies – Nankhatai are very popular during the festive season. These are flavored with ghee, cardamom and saffron and will melt in your mouth!
The traditional Pakistani biscuits called as Naan Khatai. Extremely light but sweet and just melts in the mouth. Mix the white flour with the Sugar, and crushed cardamon. You can have Naan Khatai Cookies using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Naan Khatai Cookies
- Prepare 1 cup of besan.
- You need 1/2 cup of maida.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sooji.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of ghee.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of milk (if needed).
- It’s as needed of Slivered pistachio.
Next, add the corn oil and mix well. Nan khatai is an authentic Indian sweet and savory eggless cookie that can be easily prepared at home. Nankhatai Recipe,There are lot of variations for Nankhatai cookies. You can make this Nankhatai for This is the first time I am tasting Nankahatai, the taste was quite different from the usual cookies with.
Naan Khatai Cookies instructions
- Cream ghee and sugar with help of a whisker or a beater till it’s light..
- Take rest of the dry ingredients in a bowl..
- Now add dry ingredients in the wet mix of ghee and sugar and knead lightly like a dough..
- If the mixture in dry add milk. Mine wasn’t as I had used melted ghee..
- Pinch lemon size dough and make balls Place pistachio n sprinkle some cardamom powder on each. That’s optional.
- Preheat the oven Place the butter paper on a baking tray and place all prepared dough balls..
- Now bake them at 180degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- Keep checking as temperature differs from oven to oven Once they are done from the bottom, Take the tray out and let them cool completely. Enjoy besan naan khatais with coffee or tea..
Naan Khatai , is a very famous traditional cookie for Gujaratis. The rich cardamom flavor and the crisp and crunchy texture makes it really a flavorful cookie. Nan Khatai Eggless Indian Cookie – Diwali Festival Recipe By Teamwork Food. This delicious melt in your mouth cookies is really easy to put together! Cardamom gives these cookies a unique flavor.