Besen Barfi (Indian desert) Perfect with tea. Besan Burfi is a popular Indian sweet made of chickpea flour and ghee. This delicious homemade fudge is also gluten-free and perfect for the festive season! In India, burfi is the term used for a sweet fudge and it can be made with anything from lentils to nuts.
For More Delicious Recipes Do Not. Take ½ cup desi ghee in a heavy kadai and let it melt. Keep the flame to a low. You can have Besen Barfi (Indian desert) Perfect with tea using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Besen Barfi (Indian desert) Perfect with tea
- Prepare 2 cup of besen (chickpea flour).
- You need 1 cup of Desi ghee (butter).
- You need of For syrup.
- You need 1 cup of brown or white sugar.
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- It’s 1 Pinch of yellow food colour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of green cardamom powder.
Besan ki burfi stays well at room temperature for about a week. Serve besan barfi as a sweet dessert after any Indian meal. Besan ki barfi is sweet, like candy and has fudge like consistency. Besan Burfi can be served any time of the day.
Besen Barfi (Indian desert) Perfect with tea instructions
- First of all, put the Desi ghee in to the Kadai (pan). Once it’s melted, add the besen and cook it till it’s nice colour and start to realise the smell. Keep stirring, don’t let it burn. Cook it till the besen fully cooked and the Besen starts to release all the ghee. Shouldn’t be thick at this stage. It should be nice and smooth..
- Take it off the heat. Leave it aside..
- In the other pot, put water and sugar together and boil till you get one cup syrup left in the pot. Add cardamom powder and yellow food colour..
- Add that into the besen bit by bit. Transfer in to the clean grease proof tray. Let it set and cut in to pieces..
- Enjoy 😊 add your choice of nuts..
If your besan burfi doesn't set, it means you have under-cooked the mixture. Other varieties include besan burfi,made with besan (gram flour), chocolate burfi, plain burfi which has chocolate layered on its top, and pista Barfi is popular throughout India- mostly the Northern region and is often a part of Indian festivals, especially Holi and Diwali. Besan burfi or barfi is a premier sweet dish from the North Indian cuisine. It is very easily available in the market of various parts of North India. There are numerous methods to prepare this easy dish.